Thursday, 31 October 2013

My First Blogger Event: Premae Skincare Beauty Blogger Event

Last night I attended my very first beauty blogger event! I literally don't know any other bloggers and was so nervous about attending, so I asked if my friend could come along, she isn't a beauty blogger but is really interested in starting a blog, so luckily I had her with me, otherwise I would have probably fainted from nerves! I had no idea what to expect, but luckily everyone was absolutely lovely and I had a great time :)
 

 
The event was hosted by Premae Skincare and was at their HQ in St Albans, Hertfordshire; which luckily is only a 20 minute car journey away from where I live! For those of you that got the October Glossybox, you will remember that we received a Premae product in that box, the Harmony Moisturising Smoothie Serum. It was the only product in that Glossybox that was something I would be interested in, so when Premae got in contact and invited me to their event, I was really excited to find out more.
 
Premae are the world's first allergen-free beauty brand, so all their products are 100% allergy free. I was really intrigued to find out more about the benefits of natural products as its something I've not really put much thought into before. I learnt so much and will definitely be purchasing some Premae products in the future!
 
Premae's founder Clare Eluka started off by telling us a bit about the brand and why she created Premae, she then gave a demonstration using some of the many products Premae have to offer. Next, we were shown how mixing Harmony serum with your foundation can create a BB cream, I really liked the idea of this and how it looked on my skin.
 
After we'd finished discussing the products used in the demonstration, we took some group photos, then we got a chance to try several more of the products available from Premae. I absolutely love the moisturiser balms, especially the Supreme Balm (suitable for dry skin), they don't just sit on the skin, they sink in really quickly, leaving behind beautifully soft and hydrated skin.
 
Another product I was very impressed with was the Balance Rescue Face Tonique, a spray on face toner. I have heard of these before, but never tried one and I really like the idea you can tone on the go. I will definitely be trying this one out properly in the future.
 
I did have a good chat with Clare at the end and she really helped me and gave some great advice in regard to my skin and skincare. Everyone was lovely and it was really nice to meet some other beauty bloggers and I had a great evening :) I didn't get to speak to everyone as much as I would have liked to, but I blame nerves for that one, haha.
 
Thanks for reading!
 
Have you attended any good beauty blogger events recently? :)
 
Emily :) x
 


12 comments:

  1. Good for you, you should be very proud of yourself! No, I haven't heard of any in my area (South England), but I'm trying to be more active and am planning on going into London sometime soon. My biggest problem is that I never find out where they are... :). Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) They always seem to be in London actually! I never find out where they are either, haha! xxx

      Delete
  2. I never know where to find these events. Great post :) xx
    http://insaneaboutmakeup.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me neither, so I was really happy when I got an email from Premae inviting me :) xxx

      Delete
  3. Was really lovely to meet you! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a fun event! How amazing that you got invited to it!

    allthingsglitterandbeauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really good, I learnt so much! I know, I couldn't believe it when I got the email, haha! :) xxx

      Delete
  5. How fun! I think it's very smart to put yourself out there; the sooner, the better. I'm still new to this thing, and looking to see what promotional events for bloggers are available in my community.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really fun :) Yeah, I totally agree with you! I'm new to this too really! I really hope you find some events to go to in your area :) xxx

      Delete
  6. Thank you so much for blogging about Premae's event, so proud that you picked up some tips and tricks about skin education from me & the team. Look forward to seeing you soon. Don't forget to use your BBlogger % - perfect for xmas gifts etc,

    Take Care

    Clare

    ReplyDelete
  7. your first effort was very much impressive, i appreciate your effort, every skincare needs the basic thing which is schedule, if you are not punctual then no treatment can help you get required results

    ReplyDelete