Monday, 14 October 2013

Glossybox October 2013

Hey everyone,
 
Today is my 100th post! I've enjoyed blogging over the past few months so much and I'm looking forward to bringing you hundreds more posts in the future :)
 
 
This morning I received October's Glossybox and this month's theme was 'Dark Romance'. I was really excited for this month's box and had my fingers crossed that they would include a berry toned lipstick as I don't currently have one. I was thinking it would be autumnal smokey eye eyeshadows, dark nail varnishes etc, we received nothing like that in this month's box. I think Glossybox could have done so much better with this box, this box had nothing to do with the theme in my opinion.

I hate to be negative but this month's box left me disappointed and its definitely the worst box I've ever had from Glossybox. I have always been so impressed with Glossybox, but after last month, when some subscribers received a £20 blush or bronzer and others received a nipple balm sample worth £2, I really thought that was incredibly unfair and now receiving this month's box, which I cannot believe we were charged £12.95 for, I am not so hopeful of future boxes.

I know a lot of others feel the same about this month's box, I haven't seen anyone that's really over the moon with this month's box, so I really hope Glossybox will take everyone's feedback into account and create something much better in future months. Also, I really cannot stress how important it should be to make these boxes fair, so I really hope after last month's incredibly unfair box, they don't make the same mistake again when it comes to being fair to their subscribers.

Anyway, here's what I got in my box:
 
 

 
Killer Queen by Katy Perry Perfume Sample
 
I definitely let out a sigh when I saw another perfume sample, you can pick these up for free in any department store. I really like receiving the 7ml perfume samples Glossybox sometimes send in the cute little glass bottles, they are so much more generous and look lovely on a dressing table.
 
The perfume is actually very nice though but quite strong, I wouldn't purchase this because I'm sure its one of those scents that would give me a headache. This perfume retails at £29.50 for 50ml, so it is quite cheap and I'm sure a lot of girls will like this scent.
 
 
Monu Illuminating Primer
 
I have received Monu products before in Glossybox and one of the products I have tried was a moisturiser, and I can honestly say, I hated it, so I don't have high hopes for this primer.
 
I don't use illuminating primers as I prefer a matte look and then I use a highlighter to illuminate the areas I want to be illuminated rather than all over. This retails at £24.95 for 50ml, the sample size is 20ml.

 
MeMeMe Cherub's Blush Cheek & Lip Tint
 
We have also received MeMeMe products in Glossyboxs previously and I have also purchased from the brand before, but I was very disappointed with most of the items I have used from MeMeMe, so again, I don't have high hopes for this.
 
I received a cheek tint in last month's Glossybox, so I don't know why they've put another one in this month. This is full size and retails at £5.50, this is also the only full size product we got in the whole box.
 
This is the only item they included that I think slightly follows the theme of 'Dark Romance', although I think this is more of a deep red than a berry tone, which would have been more appropriate.

 
Premae Multi-Vit Smoothie Serum
 
This does actually sound quite impressive, Premae claims to be the world's first allergen-free brand, so this should be very kind to the skin. This serum claims to be suitable for combination skin and also claims to help combat redness, hydrate the skin and keep the skin matte and shine free.
 
I think this serum sounds impressive, so I hope it works! This serum is sample sized at 20ml and the full size 50ml retails at £22.50. I wasn't excited to see this in the box, as I prefer to see makeup rather than skincare in my beauty boxes, but I will definitely try this out.

 
Eva Cosmetics Mystic Diamond Argan Oil
 
Another strange addition to the 'Dark Romance' theme, a hair oil. This hair oil is a blend of argan oil and diamond powder. It claims that the argan oil will nourish and regenerate your hair, give it volume and prevent frizz, while the diamond powder will give hair a shine like never before.
 
I do like hair oils/serums, but my hair is naturally quite shiny anyway, so I don't use them often. I really don't see how this fits into the theme of 'Dark Romance' and although I will probably use this, I could think of so many other products I would have preferred to see in this box.
 
Overall, we received another 1.5ml perfume sample that no one ever wants, one full size item out of five and two brands we have seen several times before.
 
I really hope next month's box is better, because if it isn't I will definitely be unsubscribing. I'm sorry for being so negative, as I usually love my Glossyboxs and I hate being moany, but I can't help thinking they could have done so much better.
 
Thanks for reading!
 
What do you think of this month's Glossybox?
 
Emily :) x


11 comments:

  1. Amazing!

    http://freshisyummy.blogspot.com/2013/10/tell-me-how-are-ya_14.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so disappointed in this month's box - there was only one item, the primer that I would even consider using.... definitely not worth the money. Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree, although I probably wouldn't even use the primer! No way this box was worth £12.95, Birchbox are including a sample of Laura Mercier's primer in their October box, that just speaks volumes, doesn't it?! Haha. xxx

      Delete
  3. I got the same items and while I do actually like this box because I much prefer skincare to makeup items, I don't see what any of it has to do with the theme. i don't know why they still bother with the themes actually because they never make sense! The plum MeMeMe nail varnish i got in my 'summer' box was more 'dark romance' to me! x

    Claire | AgentSmyth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because I'm so happy with my skincare routine, I don't really like to change anything incase I breakout or anything, so I don't try new skincare often, thats why I prefer makeup! I totally agree, most of their themes they never stick to. There is no point having themes, yes! I got a smokey eyeshadow in that summer box, which would have been much more appropriate! xxx

      Delete
  4. We usually get completely different items in the US glossy box so I hope its better too. I agree that the boxes need to be fair.

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get a better box than we did, I'd love to see your review to see what you get in the US version :) xxx

      Delete
  5. All of these beauty box type subscriptions seem like such a good idea but from posts I've seen none of the companies seem to get it right! I would subscribe but don't want to be left disappointed by it!
    I nominated you for The Versatile Blogger Award if you want to check that out as well! http://lacelipstickandme.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/the-versatile-blogger-award.html
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I totally agree with you! I'm not often left this disappointed, but this box was pretty awful! Thanks so much lovely :) xxx

      Delete
  6. I have been umming and aahing over whether to subsribe to Glossybox for ages but unfortunately I get the feeling most of the things I'd get would just end up in my beauty graveyard after 1 use... Might treat myself to a nice beauty advent calendar instead! Hope next month's box improves for you :)

    Rosie x

    itsalljustrosie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, a lot of the products I receive do actually, I think its just the element of surprise that keeps me subscribed! Oh, definitely treat yourself to a beauty advent calender, I have! :)
      Thanks lovely ! xxxx

      Delete