Monday, 28 October 2013

Birchbox October 2013

Hey everyone,
 
After this month's appalling Glossybox, I decided to re-subscribe to Birchbox to see what they had to offer, and I am so glad I did, because the box I received was so much more impressive than what Glossybox provided in their October box.
 
October's Birchbox was packed full of amazing goodies and includes some really well known brands. The theme was 'Beauty Buzz' and is all about award-winning, celeb-favourite product samples. 

So, here's what I got in my box:
 

 
So many well known brands! I got five products, a lifestyle extra and a beauty extra. I am so thoroughly impressed with this and this is exactly what a beauty box should be, in my opinion.
 
 
theBalm's Stainiac
 
This is my first theBalm product, I have been wanting to try one of their products for so long, so I was really happy to see this lip and cheek tint in my box. I don't really use lip and cheek tints, but I will definitely try this out! The full size version retails at £10.

 
KMS California's Free Shape Deep Conditioner
 
I am so glad I received this conditioner, my hair is in desperate need of some TLC, so I'm hoping this deep conditioner will help me out! This is a 75ml sample, a 200ml full size retails at £15. I haven't heard of this brand before, but I will definitely use this up :) So nice to see a haircare sample that isn't a serum!

 
Laura Mercier's Tinted Moisturiser
 
Oh my God, Laura Mercier in a beauty box? Crazy! Such a pleasant surprise and with the promise of including another Laura Mercier product in their November box, I am definitely staying subscribed. I haven't actually tried Laura Mercier, but there is so much from that brand that I am lusting after! I don't actually have a tinted moisturiser, so I am really happy I got this. Can't wait to try it out! This is a very generous 14.7ml sample, full size retails at £33!

 
Dr. Brandt's Microdermabrasion Skin Exfoliant
 
Exfoliating is a key part of my skincare routine, as I do suffer from dry skin, if I don't look after my skin with regular moistursing and exfoliating. So, this will definitely get used up, its another generous sample size at 7.5g, so I should get a good few uses out of this. I have heard of Dr. Brandt, but never tried any products before, which isn't surprising seeing as the full size of this retails at a whopping £67!
 
 
Egyptian Magic All Purpose Skin Cream
 
I received this a beauty extra. I have heard great things about this, so can't wait to put it to the test. This multi-purpose cream can be used on pretty much everything.
 
'Egyptian Magic is one jar that contains a face cream, an eye gel, a hair masque, burn and wound relief, a baby cream, a shaving balm and anything else you can think of! '
 
Sounds seriously impressive to me! Really glad I received three sachets, so I can try out multiple uses instead of just one :) Full size retails at £29.

 
Birchbox Eyelash Curler
 
Lastly, I received this as a lifestyle extra, this retails at £10. I don't use eyelash curlers, I don't know if the ones I have don't work, or whether I don't know how to use them properly, but they make absolutely no difference to my lashes! I will test these out, but I'm not expecting any results. Still, its really nice to receive little extras :)
 
Overall, I am so, so impressed with this box. Featuring beauty, haircare and skincare and some amazing high end brands with generous sample sizes, what more can you want?!
 
Well done, Birchbox.
 
There is still time to order your October Birchbox, so what are you waiting for! Also, if you sign up from my referral link, we both get £5 to spend in the e-store! :)
Click here to sign up using my referral link!
 
Thanks for reading!
 
What do you think of October's Birchbox?
 
Emily :) x
 
 
 

10 comments:

  1. I subscribed for the first time this month and you got the exact same as me, I just reviewed it today :) I'm really happy with my products, glad to hear you are too x

    Claire | AgentSmyth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such an amazing box wasn't it?! So impressed :) Glad you loved yours! xxx

      Delete
  2. Those products are great! Definitely the perfect mixture and brands for a beauty box!

    allthingsglitterandbeauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree, perfect mix! So impressed with this box :) xxx

      Delete
  3. So jealous about LM, I have been so keen to try their tinted moisturiser for ages!

    Belle x
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, heard so many good things about it! I couldn't believe it when I saw it in the box :) Can't wait to see what product they put in the November box! xxx

      Delete
  4. The Laura Mercier moisturiser looks great! I've never used any of their products, but heard great things! x

    www.thegirlsnextdooruk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snap! I've heard great things but never tried any for myself, really excited to put it to the test :) xxx

      Delete
  5. Wow that was a great box. You got completely different items than I did. I did a post if you want to check it out.

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was one of my favourite boxes ever, easily! I will definitely check out your post to see what you got in your box :) xxx

      Delete