Saturday, 5 October 2013

Bicester Village Outlet Centre Review & Haul Part One: Beauty (Mac, Bobbi Brown, Smashbox, Clinique)

Hey everyone,
 
So last week, me and my Fiance made a trip to an outlet centre in Oxford called Bicester Village. We'd been there before but years and years ago, so decided to go again as we had nothing to do that day and I was desperate to go to the Cosmetics Company Outlet. Last time I went, I wasn't into high end makeup brands so didn't even glance at it, but four/five years later, its a different story!
 
Cosmetics Company Outlet is an outlet store that stocks brands such as Bobbi Brown, Mac, Estee Lauder, Origins, Bumble & Bumble, Clinique and Smashbox all at discounted prices. They sell a lot of old seasonal items, limited edition collections or gift with purchase sets but also lots of individual items that are currently being sold for full price too.  
 
Bicester Village is a beautiful outdoor shopping outlet that is designed to look almost like a little village, each store is more in the style of a boutique than a regular shop front. It is a truley stunning place and definitely the most clean place I have ever visited, by a long shot. It is around an hour and a half away for me, so I won't be making frequent trips there, but once a year at least is a must! Every shop is so very organised, I often liken outlet stores (i.e. TK Maxx etc) to jumble sales, as it literally looks like everything was just thrown in there, haha! Don't get me wrong, I love TK Maxx, but its lovely to have such pristine organisation.
 
There are hundreds of designer outlets there, too many to name but you can see a full list here. I would say the majority of stores were designer clothing outlets, my favourites were; Ralph Lauren, Juicy Couture, Ted Baker, Jack Wills, Superdry and Ted Baker. The reductions in some of the clothing shops was incredible, but others were not so exciting. I did purchase some clothing, so I will do a post on that soon too. There are also some lovely jewellers including Pandora and Links of London and their prices are brilliant, I am really regretting not buying a beautiful Pandora ring I saw for half price :( (and the matching earrings and pendant)!
 
They have a lot of much higher end brands as well, such as Dior, Gucci, Yves Saint Laurent, Prada etc. These were a bit of out my price range though! Bicester Village also has a  beautiful, big Ugg shop with some fantastic reductions and lots of handbag stores too. They have an amazing Mulberry outlet, where you can find handbags for half price! I have been telling my Fiance for a very long time that I am desperate for a Mulberry Bayswater for my 21st Birthday, so fingers crossed! They also have cheaper brands like Radley and Kipling, which I also like a lot too and the reductions are sometimes over 70%! You can pick up some absolute bargains at Bicester and I couldn't recommend it more.

I have to say something about the staff too, they were incredible, service was second to none and they were so friendly, approachable and helpful. I absolutely loathe going into a store and being made feel unwelcome, and I was surprised to receive the same great treatment in every single store I went to.
 
So, onto what I got in the Cosmetics Company Outlet store :)
 

 
Clinique Taste of Honey Almost Lipstick Set (RRP £30, Paid £21)
 
I picked this set because I really like the Clinique Chubby Sticks and wanted to try some more of their lip products, these being from the 'Almost Lipstick' range. I also really liked the shade choice in this set and have seen the Black Honey shade (far right) in its own themed gift set this year, so was sure it had to be a popular shade for a reason.
 
The shades included are (left to right); Luscious Honey (deep red), Shy Honey (baby pink), Flirty Honey (pinky red) and Black Honey (deep burgundy).This would make a beautiful gift for someone, but I'm keeping this one for myself!

 
Smashbox Brow Tech in 'Taupe/Soft Brown' (RRP £17, Paid £12)
 
I am obsessed with eyebrow products at the moment and this little set really appealed to me, especially because the two powder shades looked perfect for my light brown hair. I have never tried Smashbox before and have wanted to for a while, so was pleased to see a stand in the Cosmetics Company Outlet.
 
This little kit includes two powder brow shades and wax also. I find wax so much more effective when setting my brows than gel, so any eyebrow kits that incorporate the wax into them are great in my opinion. This trio is still available full price, so I am very happy with the price paid :)
 
I asked my Fiance to buy me this to put away for Christmas, so I didn't even get to open it to swatch it or anything, but I am very much looking forward to receiving it!
 
 
Mac Brow Finisher (RRP £13, Paid £9.25)
 
I was so close to purchasing this, when Debenhams last had their 10% off of beauty event, as it is still sold full price everywhere. So glad that I didn't because I managed to get it for £9.25, bargain!
 
This is a clear brow wax stick, used to set your eyebrows after applying powder products when filling in the brows. Instead of being a pencil that you have to sharpen, its just a twist up stick with a flat tip that perfectly covers the whole eyebrow which makes application so easy.
 
 
 Mac Every Day Is World AIDs Day At Mac Set (RRP £30, Paid £21)
 
I had previously tried a Mac lipstick and didn't get on well with it at all, it clung to my dry lips and just generally looked pretty awful. But everyone always says how amazing they are, so I picked up this set too, as it includes a satin lipstick, which I thought might be a lot less thick than the amplified creme that I tried before.
 
This set has two products; a lip conditioner and a Viva Glam Nicki lipstick which is a beautiful Barbie pink shade, both products come in a little pink leopard print makeup bag. I won't be able to let you know if I got on any better with this lipstick than the other Mac one that I tried previously until Christmas, because this was also something my Fiance is putting away for me until Christmas :)
 
 
Bobbi Brown Rich Lip Color Lipsticks in 'Bikini Pink' & Sweet Nectar' (RRP £19, Paid £13.50)
 
They had a big Bobbi Brown stand, but a lot of the products were foundations/powders etc that were far too dark for me. But they did have about five different lipstick shades to choose from, so I selected these two! I have never tried Bobbi Brown before, but these were just my colours completely and I had been wanting to try Bobbi Brown for a long time so I just couldn't resist! Bikini Pink is a lovely pale pink shade and Sweet Nectar is a peachy coral colour. Both are still sold for £19 on the Bobbi Brown UK website, so these were an absolute steal! :)

 
 
 

Mac Divine Desire/Quite Coral Full Face Kit (RRP £45, Paid £31.50)

This was my favourite purchase of the lot. Before I had tried Mac makeup at the beginning of the year, I saw these kits on Debenhams and thought they looked amazing, I didn't order one in time, not realising they were limited edition, so you can imagine how pleased I was when I saw them in this store!

The packaging is beautiful, it opens up to reveal a flat surface and a pouch, which houses a  a travel version of the 129 powder/blush brush, the 129SE, which I only realised was in there, just as I type this! When you lift the flat surface it has a mirror underneath which is a very generous size. The final layer you reach has four makeup items; a blusher, a lipgloss, a lipstick and a kohl eyeliner. The eyeliner is a dark brown and all the other products are coral shades.

I can't test any of this beautiful kit out because again its a Christmas present from my Fiance, Luke. But I am so excited for Christmas now! :)

Thanks for reading!

Have you ever been to Bicester Village?

Emily :) x
 


22 comments:

  1. I am loving the haul! It makes me want to go to Bicester village again now :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you so should! It's amazing there :) xxx

      Delete
  2. Great buys, I love the Clinque set!
    I have been to Bicester once before, and don't really live too far away, so I think I shall plan another trip after my birthday in November. I had forgot about the place, but your right it is lovely and defo worth another trip.
    Jade x

    http://jadewiggins09.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! If I lived closer I would definitely go there a lot more! Hope you enjoy your trip there as much as I did! :D xxx

      Delete
  3. Absolutely love your purchases especially the Mac kit!

    Molly x


    http://mollylouiseblogs.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Me too, so pleased they had that there :) xxx

      Delete
  4. I've never been there but I'm desperate to go and check it out! I love this haul, particularly the MAC Divine Desire set - the packaging is adorable! xx

    Sarah | Squares - Bookworm and Beauty Enthusiast

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, you definitely should, its so worth it :) Thank you! I know, I adore the packaging too :) xxx

      Delete
  5. Wow, what an amazing haul! Wish there was something like Bichester Village closer to where I live :(

    http://www.blogthiswithhannah.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's such a shame there's no where like this near you :/ hopefully one day you could visit Bicester Village though :) xxx

      Delete
  6. WHOA! What an amazing haul of goodies! That Bikini Pink lipstick looks like it is probably GORGEOUS on the lips! I love your blog and you take such great photos, you should really post your photos just a little bigger. You take such great photos I'd love to see them more close up :)
    Keep up the good work!!
    Enjoy those goodies!

    Kallie @ But First, Coffee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you about Bikini Pink, such a lovely shade :)

      Thank you so much, that's so nice to hear! I have tried to enlarge them, it will only let me enlarge one or two, its so frustrating! Often my pictures won't upload at all, or they will upload the wrong way up :/

      I know you can click on them to enlarge them though! :) Thanks so much Kallie :) xxx

      Delete
  7. Excellent goodies - I'm turning a little green with envy over the Clinique lip set :o) Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so pleased when I saw the Clinique set, I whipped it off the shelf so quickly, haha :) xxx

      Delete
  8. Mac Divine Desire/Quite Coral Full Face Kit looks amazing.. the packaging is divine. Great haul


    ivysmaquillagecove.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I was so happy when I saw it there, I practically ran to the stand, haha. I love the packaging too :) Thank you! xxx

      Delete
  9. Such an amazing haul! I'd love to see swatches of the Clinique lipsticks. They look so pretty, and I'd love to hear your thoughts on them. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ash :) I will definitely do a post on them :D xxx

      Delete
  10. look at all your lovely purchases! v jealous! sounds like an amazing trip
    Emma x
    www.emandthem.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely the best shopping trip that I've had in such a long time :D xxx

      Delete
  11. Such great bargains! Everything looks amazing, I bet you're so happy! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, I'm so happy with everything :) xxx

      Delete