Tuesday, 24 September 2013

YSL Buys: Rouge Volupe Shine 16 and Volume Effet Faux Cils Mascara

Hey everyone,
 
I have been wanting a YSL Rouge Volupe Shine Lipstick for months! So when I saw there was a glitch on Boots.com from moneysavingexpert.com in one of the forums (Quick! Grabbit While You Can!) where on any two YSL purchases you would receive 2000 Boots advantage card points (£20!) I jumped at the chance and placed an order straight away. It was meant to be any two purchases one to be a product from the Forever range, which is quite expensive, but there was a glitch and it was working on any two purchases!
 
For those of you that don't use Money Saving Expert or have never heard of it, the name is pretty self explanatory but I highly recommend their forum 'Quick! Grabbit While You Can! as I find so many beauty bargains & offers on there. Basically people just post glitches and offers they have seen usually online, but sometimes in store too. You can find that forum here.
 
 
Anyway, back to the beauty purchases! So I had picked out the colour I wanted ages ago in John Lewis, but they didn't have it in stock. So I had wrote it down anyway, I chose number 16 which is 'Orange Impertinent' and there was so, so many beautiful shades to choose from, but I just kept going back to this one. For my second purchase I decided on repurchasing my favourite ever mascara the YSL Volume Effet Faux Cils mascara. I ran out about two months ago and have gone through probably about 10-15 mascaras and sample mascaras and nothing comes close to this mascara. Its just my holy grail mascara, I love it! It lasts so long too, I got this before xmas so it lasted me a good 6/7 months without drying out!

 
This mascara gives incredible volume and in so little time, you don't have to do 2/3 coats, just the one and your eyelashes look amazing! It is quite pricey at £23.50, but in my opinion its worth every penny, I haven't bought another mascara since using this one and all the mascara samples I have received and tried have gone straight in the bin. I will and always do recommend this to anyone that will listen.
 

I'm not really a fan of lipsticks, they just dry my lips out completely, settle in all the cracks and cling to all the dry skin. So, when I heard about these being sheer, I thought these would be perfect, as I have no problem with sheer lipsticks or tinted lip balms. These are also quite expensive at £24, but my god are they amazing! I absolutely love this, they glide on beautifully, have a lovely colour pay off and don't dry my lips out at all! I definitely, definitely need more of these. I will do a proper review of this soon, as I feel the need to rave about it in detail.

My points statement confirms the glitch did work and £20's worth of points was credited to my advantage card, wahoo! I was going to post this offer, but within hours of me placing my order, the glitch had stopped working :( So, sorry about that but keep your eyes out for any glitches/offers on Money Saving Expert as I have had three great YSL offers off of there in the past 9 months or so as well as many others.

Its safe to say YSL are really exceeding my expectations and are quickly becoming one of my favourite brands. I have yet to be disappointed with one of their products.

Thanks for reading :)

What are your favourite YSL products?

Emily :) x
 
 
 
 
 
 


10 comments:

  1. They both sound like great products! I really want to try the YSL Lipsticks though they sound and look so nice, I love that shade as well!

    Millie x
    smudgesofthoughts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are both definitely two of my favourites! The shade is so stunning isn't it?! :) xxx

      Delete
  2. I love YSL mascara, my all time favourites. I just love how thick and dark the formula is.

    Belle x
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, its definitely my favourite mascara, the formula is amazing! :) xxx

      Delete
  3. I've never purchases ysl just because its not quite at my price point but their stuff always looks amazing. The color lipstick you chose is gorgeous! And I've heard amazing things about the mascara!
    Kallie @ But First, Coffee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually only buy from them if there's some sort of offer on, considering I got £20 back in Boots points, this was a pretty good deal :) Honestly, I recommend both products, so much! xxx

      Delete
  4. That lipstick color looks amazing!! YSL packaging is so beautiful! xx Rena Kiss and Make Up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, isn't it?! Such a gorgeous formula too! I totally agree, I love the packaging, especially the lipstick! :) xxx

      Delete
  5. Great products, so interested in trying this YSL macara! I love their lipsticks... just done a blog post about one today!

    Stevie | Stevie Hearts Makeup
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mascara is perfect, honestly recommend it sooo much :)
      Ooh, I love them too, I'll definitely check it out! xxx

      Delete