Saturday, 28 September 2013

Review: Urban Decay Brow Box in Honey Pot

Hey everyone,

I have been lusting after the Urban Decay Brow Box, not only for the adorable design, but after reading some really good reviews too. Debenhams recently had 10% off, so I decided to take the plunge and buy it for myself in the shade 'Honey Pot'. There are actually two versions, but I liked the design of the older version better and it was also £2 cheaper.

 
The packaging is really pretty, I like the pattern on the inside of the box, I think that's a really nice touch. This is my first Urban Decay product, I have tried a sample of their 'Big Fatty' mascara before, but really didn't like it, so haven't tried anything since. These retail at £17, or £15.30 when Debenhams have their 10% off beauty events.

 
The design of the product itself, is really unique. You have a box with a lid and inside is two shades of powder, a large mirror, a mini pair of tweezers and an angled brush for application of the eyebrow powders. There is a also a pull out drawer that contains the wax to set your eyebrows with. I absolutely love the concept of having this little box, you have everything you need in one place and it looks great too! It also fits perfectly in the palm of your hand, which is nice and makes application really easy.

 
I chose mine in the shade 'Honey Pot' but there is 'Brown Sugar' which contains darker shades. I have light brown hair and the shades in 'Honey Pot' work really well for me.

 
Here you can see just how tiny the brush and tweezers are against a 10p. The brush works really well, which I was surprised at, but I really like it! The tweezers are actually pretty good too, they just take some getting used to because of their tiny size, but they are perfect for travelling! 
 
 
Here's a picture of me wearing the lighter shade, I think its a lot more natural than some of my other eyebrow powders/gels, and I really like it. The powders are so pigmented and you don't have to use a lot of product at all. The wax works really, really well too, it keeps your eyebrows neat all day, I also think it helps the colour blend as well.
 
Overall, I really recommend the Urban Decay Brow Box, the design is gorgeous and the kit itself is perfect for popping in your handbag or for any sort of travel. It looks lovely on, lasts all day and isn't overly expensive, if you purchase one on a Debenhams beauty event day like I did :)
 
Thanks for reading!
 
What is your favourite eyebrow product?
 
Emily :) x
 
 
 



10 comments:

  1. Nice!

    :)

    http://freshisyummy.blogspot.com/2013/09/going-to-hell.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks amazing! (:

    Love, Hannah...<3
    http://15daysamonth.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. this looks great i love brows, brow kits anything to do with bangin brows haha! Your eyes are just unbelievable x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha me too, totally agree! I can't stop buying brow gels/kits etc :D Thank you so much! :D xxx

      Delete
  4. I know your talking about eyebrows but your eyelashes are amazing!

    http://evie-may-wilson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete