Monday, 9 September 2013

Review: Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub - Before and After Pictures Included!

Hey everyone,
 
I recently purchased my first ever Lush goodies, and the first item I picked out was the ever popular Lip Scrub in 'Bubblegum'. I have only tried one lip exfoliator before and that was an e.l.f one, I didn't find it did anything spectacular, so I never really looked into any other options. But after seeing countless rave reviews on the Lush Lip Scrub, I decided I needed to try one for myself. I constantly suffer from dry, chapped lips so any products that claim to help with that, I have to try out!
 
 
The lip scrub is packaged in a small glass tub and contains 25g of product. They literally fill the tub to the brim though, so you really do get a lot of product for your money considering you only use the smallest amount of product. I have used it probably 6 times at least and have barely made a dent in it. This was priced at £5.25 and there was also two other flavours; 'Popcorn' & 'Mint Julips' (mint choc chip flavour).
 
 
It smells and tastes amazing,like candyfloss and bubblegum! This scrub works amazingly for me. It makes my lips look so much better and it isn't too harsh on them either. It literally takes 30 seconds to vastly improve the condition of my lips, this is a product I have no problems with adding to my morning routine!

 
You literally scoop a bit out on your finger tip and scrub all over your lips, then you can lick off the excess product. I tend to rinse mine off and then buff them a bit of more of my towel and then it leaves them amazingly soft and so much healthier looking.
 
I have included some before and after pictures, to show you what my lips typically look like before I apply any soft of lip balm etc and then what they look like after I have applied the lip scrub.
 
Here's the before pic:

 
As you can see they are cracked and incredibly dull looking, they are sometimes peeling too!
 
Here's the after pictures:
 
 
This is without a lip balm or anything, they look so much healthier, have a shine to them and the cracks are a lot less visible! It is a little wonder product, it certainly works miracles for my cracked and dry lips!
 
Thanks for reading!
 
Have you tried the Lush Lip Scrubs or anything similar?
 
Emily :) x


14 comments:

  1. I may have to invest in this for winter! I actually haven't ever tried a lip scrub - luckily my lips seem to be okay on their own - but everyone seems to have loved this product!

    bellasbeautyblogs.blogspot.co.uk

    Claire

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so worth it if you ever get get dry lips in the winter, this will be perfect :) xxx

      Delete
  2. I love love love this lipscrub! I can't stop myself from licking more than I actually use to exfoliate x

    Daphne | Peanut Butter and Chocolate Life | bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so amazing isn't it?! Haha, I don't blame you, it tastes really good! xxx

      Delete
  3. I have this and I love it too, I cheekily lick my lips after so I have to put it on again, tastes yummy!

    Eloise | simplynaturale xo


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it, it works so well! Haha, it really does taste so good! :) xxx

      Delete
  4. I love this lipscrub, it smells amazing! x

    KirstyDoll

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Me too, it smells so nice :) xxx

      Delete
  5. I've never used a lip scrub but suffer from exactly the same problem as you so definitely going to give this a go!

    Han
    hanclarky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It works so well for me, I'm sure it'll work well for you too :D xxx

      Delete
  6. I'm really impressed by the results, I get very dry, chapped lips in winter so I'll have to give this a try!

    kasiasbeautydiary.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I couldn't believe how well it worked! I really hope it works as well for you, as it did for me! :) xxx

      Delete
  7. i love this product
    i have the popcorn one
    i wanna try the bubblegum too :D
    xoox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I want to try the popcorn one! Haha :) xxx

      Delete