Thursday, 26 September 2013

Review: Balmi Mint Lip Balm

Hey everyone,

One of my most used products, is definitely lip balms. My lips are more or less constantly chapped and I am very fussy with my lip balms. A few months ago, I was in Boots and they had a reduced section, which I was very much taking advantage of, and after a bit of rummaging, I found a Balmi. I had never heard of Balmi before and as soon as I saw its unique shape, I was very intrigued (the reduction from £4.99 to £1.50 helped too!).

 
The packaging is very simple but so eyecatching at the same time. This lip balm has a cooling effect, which really does help soothe sore, chapped lips. It also has an SPF of 15, any SPF is always a welcome addition for me! The packaging has changed recently and Balmi is now cube shaped not round, I prefer the round shape personally. I have noticed a lot of reviews criticising the packaging of the cube version, saying the lid doesn't stay on properly, I don't have that problem with the round version, so I don't know why they changed it!

 
I love the idea of this lipbalm, the little ball has a tiny key chain on it so you can attach it to your purse, keys etc. You literally just twist the top and inside the lip balm is dome shaped, which makes application so easy as it more or less covers your whole mouth in one quick swipe. Mint green is one of my favourite colours, so I really love the colour of the packaging too, although each flavour has a different colour.
 
This one is mint flavoured, the flavour is definitely not overpowering which is something I really don't like in lip products. The consistency of the lip balm is perfect, not too waxy and super hydrating. The formula is perfect and I have since ordered another one in coconut flavour.
 
I think the concept of this is so clever, and as a complete germaphobe, I like that I don't have to touch it with my fingers. Some lip balm pots, you apply the lip balm with your finger, which is a big no-no for me!
 
As far as I know, you can only get Balmi at Boots, they come in four different flavours; strawberry, coconut, raspberry and mint. You can find them here. They are priced at £4.99 each, which I think is a decent price for a lip balm that will last you a long time :)
 
Thanks for reading!
 
Have you tried Balmi before?
 
Emily :) x
 

6 comments:

  1. Been wanting to try the balmi lip balms for age's, they look so cute! Such a good reduced find as well!
    Great review - the coconut flavour sounds nice :)

    Millie x
    smudgesofthoughts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really lovely, definitely recommend them :) Thank you :D xxx

      Delete
  2. I think the round shape is a lot cuter, but the lip balm itself has a more practical "tip" on the new square shaped one.

    IAmLinderella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah me too! Agree with you about the tip though! :) xxx

      Delete
  3. If you are looking for a really good lip balm I 10000% recommend the Nuxe reve de miel one, I only need to apply it twice a day! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really need to try that, everyone is recommending it! I will definitely get one in the next few weeks :) xxx

      Delete