Friday, 20 September 2013

My Most Exciting Haul EVER: American Beauty Products BIG Haul Including Tarte & Lorac!

Hey everyone,
 
So, a while ago I was looking to get a Tarte blusher, after reading so many rave reviews about them. I finally came across a site that stocks Tarte Cosmetics and ships to the UK and they're called Blush.com. I managed to get 25% off my total order and ended up getting quite a lot for my money, but then the parcel arrived with a pretty hefty customs charge of £73, ouch. So, if you do decide to order from this company, please be aware of that!
 
 
This is everything I got :D
 
 
Free Gifts:
 
These were the free gifts I got with my order; a pair of 'Not Too Tights' tights, First Aid Beauty Dual Repair Eye Cream (10ml sample), Alchimie Forever Brightening Moisture Mask (2ml sample sachet) & Dremu Oil Serum (3ml sample).
Dremu's Oil Serum's predominant ingredient is an oil derived from Emu birds. I'm not really sure how I feel about that, haha. 15ml retails at $49 and Oprah is apparently a fan of their products, so I really hope I don't like this because there's no way I can afford that price tag!

 
Lorac:
 
Lorac Cosmetics seem really popular in the US and I really didn't know what to try, so I thought this little set would be a perfect way to try them out. It includes; a baked bronzer, three powder eyeshadows, a lipgloss and a body bronzing luminizer.
 
The powder eyeshadows are in the shades; 'Costa Rican Coffee' which is a really dark brown matte, 'Barbados Bronze' a shimmery bronze and 'Tahitian Sand' a shimmery iridescent light gold. They are all super pigmented and so soft, I especially like Costa Rican Coffee.
 
The baked bronzer in 'TANtalize Me' is very pigmented and is quite shimmery but it looks lovely on! The lipgloss in 'Rico' is a bronzey red, not really my thing and is also coffee flavoured, which is far too irritating for me to wear on my lips. Lastly, there is the Body Bronzing Luminizer, which is something I would never use. So, even though I won't use the lipgloss or the Body Bronzing Luminizer, I will definitely use all the eyeshadows and the bronzer :) For $36 (£22.44) then with 25% off, it only worked out to be £16.84!

 
Eyebrows:
 
I have been experimenting with eyebrow products and definitely favour the gels to powders and pencils. So when I saw these two I was really excited to try them both as they were both from brands I had never heard of.
 
The top one is from a brand called 'Osmosis +Colour' and there was three shades available, I chose 'Taupe', this one is quite a bit larger than the other brow gel and cost $20 (£12.47 and about £9.37 after discount). This is also waterproof!
 
The bottom one is from 'darci by DiCaprio' and is called the Wonder Eyebrow Pod. There was six shades available and I got mine in Cindy, which is suitable for ash blonde hair according to the website. This was $16.95 (£10.57 and around £7.97 after 25% discount) so a very good price.
 
I am so excited to use these, but really annoyed because I've lost my eyebrow brush, so I'm going to order another one tonight so I can try both of these out!
 
 
Lip Products:


 
Cailyn Cosmetics Tinted Lip Balm in 'Sunburst':
 
My favourite lip products are tinted lip balms, they're so easy to apply and work well with my forever dry lips. When I saw this, I thought it looked great, I love the design and I think the brush being included is a really good idea.
 
I got this in '03 Sunburst' and I absolutely love it. The brush is amazing, the colour is a beautiful pinky, coral and it is so, so pigmented. I would never describe this as a tinted lip balm, it is too pigmented. The formula is one of the nicest I've ever used in a lip product and I am so, so impressed. This was $19 (£11.84 and £8.84ish with the discount code I used).
 
Seriously impressed with this and it doesn't cling to my dry lips, finally I can wear something that is pigmented and bright, that doesn't make my lips look awful :)

 

 
Vincent Longo Lipstick in 'Debue':
 
This was described as a coral pink, it definitely isn't, it's a very natural shade. It is nice and hydrating and slightly glossy, this is definitely a  'my lips but better' product, as I think it is pretty similar to my lip colour :) This was $23 (£14.34 and around £10.84 after the discount code). This is very natural and I actually really like it, it makes my lips look nice and is so hydrating. Really impressed with this one too :)

 
Pink Holiday Luxury Cream Lipstick in 'Champagne Toast':
 
A makeup brand entirely dedicated to pink lipsticks? Amazing! With around 21 shades to choose from, it probably took me about an hour to pick one, they were all so nice. But at $25 (£15.59 & £11.72 after discount) each, I had to limit myself to just one, but I would have had them all if I could!
First of all, the packaging is gorgeous! Champagne Pink is also described as a coral pink shade, on application I would say it is the perfect mid pink, I will definitely be doing lip swatches of all of these three lipstick/lip balms because they are all so, so stunning. I am so pleased with these! The formula of this is super hydrating and glossy too, I can't believe I managed to get two lipsticks that don't make my lips look awful! This has a really nice colour pay off and I absolutely love it :)

 
Tarte Cosmetics:
 
Finally, I managed to get my mitts on some Tarte products! :)

 
Tarte Glamazon Pure Perfomance Lipstick in 'Bold':
 
These were $26 (£16.21 or £12.16 after discount). 'Bold' was described as coral and I would say on application it was a lovely matte coral shade. Application is flawless, it glides on so effortlessly and is very pigmented and guess what? It works perfectly well with my dry lips! I have never had a matte lipstick/lip product that works with my dry lips, so I am so pleased with this. None of the lipsticks I picked wear away on the inner parts of my lips (like the Mac ones and so many other lipsticks have within seconds). This is so gorgeous and completely opaque. I will get so much use out of this one.

 
Tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof Cream Eyeshadow in 'Slate':
 
Slate is described as a shimmery silver shade, but I would say it was more of a shimmering taupe shade. This isn't really pigmented but it is very easy to apply and looks lovely and subtle on. This was $19 (£11.84 and £8.84 after the discount). I think for that price, this is a really lovely little eyeshadow! I definitely want to try their powder eyeshadows now and will definitely get a lot of use out of this one.

 
Tarte Amazonian Clay 12Hr Blushers in 'Tipsy' and 'Amused':
 
Finally, I got myself some Tarte blushers! :) These were $26 (£16.21 or £12.16 after discount). These are so highly rated and I couldn't pick just one, Tipsy is always a popular shade so I knew I wanted that one and then I picked Amused as well.
 
Tipsy is a coral shade and is definitely my favourite of the two, it really works well with my complexion. It has the tiniest bit of shimmer to it, but it makes it works more like a sheen on application rather than full out glitter. This is very pigmented and looks very natural on. I have only tried this out, so I can't talk about how long it lasts, but so far I love the shade.
 
Amused is a bright pink shade and again is very pigmented, you definitely need a light hand with these. This one is completely matte and also looks lovely on, but perhaps a bit less natural compared to Tispy. So far these blushes completely live up to their amazing reputation :)

 
Other blushers:
 
This order included 5 blushers, so I really hope I don't give into temptation and buy any more for a while!
 
 
darci by DiCaprio Blush Bouquet in 'Autumn Flower':
 
This was definitely an impulse buy, purely because of how stunning it looks. This was the most expensive thing I bought at $32.95 (£20.56 or £15.44 ish after discount). It is such a lovely blusher, probably one of my favourites ever, its got such a velvety texture. There are purples, beiges, terracottas and pink shades all included in this beautiful blush. It just gives the most stunning, healthy flush of colour. It has a very slight shimmer, that gives a lovely slight sheen effect on application.
 
 
Paul and Joe Face Color G in '002 Nubile':
 
This is a gorgeous peachy shade and I couldn't resist this! I love the embossed flowers and the  a beautiful pale green compact. I really like Paul and Joe blushers and this shade just really stood out to me. This isn't the most pigmented, so its very easy to create a natural look. The colour is very subtle and although lovely, probably not worth $24 (£14.98, I paid £11.26).

 
Emani Perfecting Crushed Blush in '915 Cancun Heat':
 
I only have pressed powder blushers, no loose powders, so this intrigued me! This is a lovely peachy-pink shade and I haven't actually got round to trying this one.
 
This was $16 (£9.99 or £7.51, I paid).

 
Other things:

 
Blush.com Blotting Papers:
 
These were a complete impulse buy at $3 (£1.87 or £1.42 after discount)! I don't know how good they'll be, but I couldn't resist at that price!
 
 
Too Faced Beauty Editor Darlings Kit:
 
Lastly I got this little kit of samples from Too Faced. Of the Too Faced products I have tried, I really like them, so I have high hopes for this little kit! It includes; Lashgasm Mascara, Shadow Insurance Anti-Crease Eye Shadow Primer, Glamour Gloss Volumizing Lip Gloss in 'Sexpot', Lip Insurance Anti-Feathing Lip Primer and Primed & Poreless Skin Smoothing Face Primer. This is a great way to try out some of their best rated products and I'm really excited to try them all, especially the face primer.
 
This was $19 (£11.84 and £8.84 after the discount), an absolute steal for this great little kit in my opinion :)
 
So, I definitely went a bit mental on lipsticks and blushers, but they're my favourite makeup products to wear and buy, so I couldn't help it :) This is my most exciting haul ever, I discovered some amazing brands and I am over the moon with most of the items I bought. The lipsticks, I am completely in awe of, I've never found a lipstick that I can wear on my dry lips, except sheer lipsticks so I am amazed! My bank account is definitely not happy though, oops!
 
Thanks for reading!
 
What are your favourite American beauty brands?
 
Emily :) x
 
 
 
 


16 comments:

  1. Amazing haul! I still need to grab a Tarte blush. I don't have favorite brand - I'm all over the place, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really good, I definitely recommend getting one :D xxx

      Delete
  2. Sucks about the customs fees! I think your able to avoid them if your order is less than £50.
    Really want to try a Tarte blush!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know :( Yeah I've heard that too, but since delivery is usually included in that value and delivery was about £14, it didn't seem worth only placing a small order :(


      You definitely should, they are definitely worth the hype :) xxx

      Delete
  3. Oooh I feel for you that customs duty is harsh! Never-the-less you've made me want a tarte blush even more! Lucky girl, such a great haul!

    Eloise | simplynaturale xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it was so harsh! :( I was still very pleased with this lot though so I wasn't too angry with the customs charge :D xxx

      Delete
  4. OMG you got so much amazing stuff!! I especially love the look of the Dicaprio and Emani blushes. I love Too Faced products too, they are one of my favourites :)

    Rosie x
    itsalljustrosie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I am so happy with pretty much everything! The DiCaprio blush is so stunning! Looks amazing on too :) I absolutely love Too Faced La Creme lipsticks, so couldn't wait to try out more :) xxx

      Delete
  5. Wow! Lots of really awesome brands! I've been coveting the Tarte Blushes so much... *sigh*

    Jenna ♥ ♥
    Northern Beauty 85

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely discovered some amazing brands! Tarte have really impressed me, I just wish they were easier for us to get hold of :( xxx

      Delete
  6. Holy crap at the customs charges! ._.
    Everytime I order something expensive overseas, I get nervous about being slapped with duties/customs/taxes.

    I've never seen lip balm come in that form before! Definitely something new to me, but the colour is gorgeous!

    I've had my eyes on the Tarte blusher (Tipsy) for a while, and Paul and Joe's products are always so aesthetically pleasing! Shame amount the price for the Paul and Joe blush though, especially since it's not too pigmented!

    Citron and Guavaberry ʘ‿ʘ | Makeup & Silly things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it was way too much! I always get charged, I am so unlucky, haha.

      Me neither, that's why it appealed so much, it really is such a lovely lip balm, I definitely need to get my hands on some other colours.
      Tipsy is really lovely, I definitely recommend it! I agree, Paul and Joe are definitely the most aesthetically pleasing brand ever! :) xxx

      Delete
  7. Yikes! That customs charge is crazy!

    I thought that tinted lipbalm was a gel eyeliner! It seems interesting and the color is gorgeous! I'm glad that you finally got some Tarte blushes! Tipsy is gorgeous! I've been wearing it almost everyday the past summer! x

    Daphne | Peanut Butter and Chocolate Life | bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know :( So frustrating!
      Haha, it does look like one! It is so, so nice! I absolutely love it.
      Tipsy is so stunning, I'm so, so pleased with it! :) xxx

      Delete
  8. I love Tarte blushes! They are amazing! You should try Exposed and Dollface... they are my favorite :)

    Sarah
    Eyeshadow Addicts Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are! They last all day :) Oh I definitely will if I can get my hands on them :) xxx

      Delete