Monday, 16 September 2013

Glossybox Unboxing: September 2013 - The London Edition

Hey everyone,
 
 
I actually got this box last week, but I've had tonsilitus for over a week, so haven't really been active on my blog all week and couldn't face doing anything! But I'm feeling loads better now, so wanted to show you what I got in this month's Glossybox!
 
 
I love the theme of this month's Glossybox 'The London Edition' and I completely adore the box.

 
Inside the box, the products were wrapped in a gorgeous red tissue paper which was decorated with London cabs, red telephone boxes and fashion and makeup products. I really like this and the hoarder in me is even making me keep this tissue paper as its just so pretty.

 
This month's Glossybox included a copy of the new GB Mag, I really enjoyed flicking through this and it was a very welcome addition.

 
So, here's what I got! :)

 
Eylure Pre-Glued Lashes
 
I don't use false eyelashes because my hands are so shakey and I can never get them to stick properly, I really like them otherwise though, so this pre-glued version, sounds like the answer to my prayers! They are described as being ultra-lightweight, reusable and contact lens friendly. I really like the style too, they're definitely not too big and I think these would look great on! These retail at £5.06 for a set.

 
Toni&Guy Classic Shine and Gloss Serum
 
This serum is designed to control frizz with lightweight shine and alignment. I do have really shiny hair naturally and don't have frizzy hair, but a little extra shine won't hurt! I am not a fan of hair care products that you have to apply when damp and then blow dry and style, I don't blow dry my hair or ever use a hair dryer on my hair unless I'm running really late, it just makes my hair completely unmanageable and tangly, so being able to apply this product to dry hair, makes it so much more appealing to me. All you do squeeze one or two pump fulls into your hands and then work through lengths and ends of dry hair, avoiding the roots. This is full size (30ml) and retails at £7.19.
 
 
Elizabeth Arden UNTOLD Fragrance
 
I absolutely love these little perfume samples in the glass mini bottles. I definitely understand why people moan when we receive a vial of 1-2 ml of perfume, but I think these cute miniature bottles are perfect for beauty boxes. It still is only a 5ml sample, but I think there is plenty in there really and the bottle is adorable. I really like this perfume too and Glossybox have been extemely generous in ensuring that if we take the little contents card included in our box to a Elizabeth Arden counter in Debenhams, we will receive a free 100ml UNTOLD body lotion with a personalied skincare consultation. Unfortunately for me, my local Debenhams does not have an Elizabeth Arden counter :( This perfume retails at £48 for 50ml, £69 for 100ml.

 
Be A Bombshell Cosmetics Onyx Eye Liner
 
Everyone was a bit confused with the edition of an American branded eyeliner in a London themed Glossybox, but I'm not too bothered about themes, I'm just happy to get a liquid eyeliner that isn't readily available in the UK! I haven't opened this one yet as I have too many open and they'll just dry out if I open them all. I have seen others pictures though and it is a felt tip liner and on swatches it seems very pigmented, so I think I will definitely like this eyeliner :) This is full size and retails at $14.
 
 
Rimmel Stay Blushed Blusher in '001 Pop of Pink'
 
I don't have anything like this, owning only powder and cream blushers, so this liquid cheek tint is something completely new for me, as I have seen them a lot but never got round to buying one. It claims to last 24 hours, I highly doubt that, but I am definitely looking forward to using this! This is full size and retails at £4.49.
 
I know a lot of people received HD blushers and bronzers that retail at £19 and I am very jealous of those of you that did. There were lots of others that got the Dr Lipp Nipple Balm in a teeny tiny sample worth £2 something, I think that is so bad that Glossybox can send someone a full size product worth £19 and the next person a £2 sample. The Nipple Balm only retails at £11 full size, so they should have at least included the full size version to make it even in that respect. I am happy that I received the Rimmel cheek tint, but I still don't think its fair what Glossybox have done and I really hope they get enough feedback to not do this again, products should all be a similar value.
 
Overall, I loved this box and I will definitely use everything! Very, very impressed with the contents, just don't agree with the idea of some people getting much better products than others and I think Glossybox will lose a lot of subscribers from this, I would have definitely considereds unsubscribing if I got the nipple balm sample.
 
Thanks for reading!
 
What did you get in your Glossybox? Do you agree that this month's Glossybox was a bit unfair for some?
 
Emily :) x
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


4 comments:

  1. Those eyelashes look lovely. I am always considering subscribing to Glossybox but they do seem to be a bit hit and miss!

    Rosie x
    itsalljustrosie.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do look really nice, don't they?! I have been subscribed to them for about 6 months and I've never been really disappointed :) xxx

      Delete
  2. You have a lovely blog - I also love the Baby Lips!
    I am going to follow - would love for you to visit
    by blog:
    http://inmyprimetime.blogspot.com/

    All the best, Mimi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I will definitely stop by your blog! xxx

      Delete