Monday, 30 September 2013

FOTD: Keeping It Simple

Hey everyone,

Today, I thought I'd do a FOTD post. This is a really simple, quick and easy makeup look for me. 90% of the time my eye makeup involves thick liquid eyeliner, so on days where I can't  be bothered, I just use a bit of black pencil eyeliner on my waterline and for a wash of colour, I use just one eyeshadow. I'm really not good at blending multiple shades, it always just looks like one, so I just stick to one!

So, here's the finished look:
 
 
What's on my face?
 
Benefit Porefessional
Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation in '1C0 Shell'
Benefit Lemon-Aid
Lancome Blush Subtil Palette in '01 Rose Flush'
Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer in 'Fair'
e.l.f Mineral Blemish Powder
Lancome Le Crayon Khol Waterproof in '01 Raisin Noir'
Mac Copperplate Eyeshadow
YSL Volume Effet Faux Cils Mascara
Urban Decay Brow Box in 'Honey Pot'
Too Faced La Creme Lipstick in 'Coral Fire'
 
 
I went for a very simple eye look. I used the Urban Decay Brow Box in 'Honey Pot' to fill in my brows, then I used Benefit's Lemon-Aid to hide all my unsightly veins on my eyelids. I applied Lancome's waterproof khol pencil to my waterline and applied a quick sweep of Mac's Copperplate eyeshadow all over my lids. I finished my eyes with my favourite mascara, YSL's Volume Effet Faux Cils. Nothing compares to this mascara, I refuse to use anything else!

 
For my lips I used Too Faced's La Creme Lipstick in 'Coral Fire'. I absolutely LOVE this lipstick, its such a gorgeous shade and goes perfectly with a subtle eye look like above. It is perfect for me, as I suffer with really dry lips, its pigmented but not drying at all.
 
 
For my cheeks, I used my new Lancome Blush Subtil Palette in '01 Rose Flush'. I adore this palette, it contains a blush, contour powder and a highlight, I used all three to create this look and I am so pleased with the result. I think it looks really natural, but the contour powder really brings out my cheek bones and the blush gives me a lovely healthy glow. It's really hard to photograph highlighters, but that works beautifully too! Definitely one of my favourite purchases all year. It applies like a dream, so easy to blend and looks so natural and effortless.
 
This is such a quick makeup look and requires hardly any effort! :)
 
Thanks for reading!
 
Tips for blending eyeshadow, greatly appreciated! I need to learn :)
 
Emily :) x

 

 

 
 

10 comments:

  1. You look like an angel. Absolutely gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Ash! That's such a lovely thing to say :) xxx

      Delete
  2. Love your lip colour! X

    yetanothermakeupblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look stunning, your eyes are amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great makeup look, you're all lashes and eyes :) Now I want Coral Fire too!

    Hannah
    www.girl-plus-world.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much :D YSL's mascara really is a God send :) Honestly, its so lovely, you should definitely try it :) xxx

      Delete