Thursday, 5 September 2013

First Impressions: Clearasil Ultra Rapid Action Treatment Cream & Clearasil Ultra Blemish & Marks Scrub

Hey everyone,
 
My skin seems to be increasingly more blemish prone and when I do suffer a breakout, I am left with the marks for months, no exagerration! I have never really used blemish fighting products, as I only usually suffered from the odd one or two, but lately, I've been getting 3-5 spots at a time on my chin area and some even appearing on my cheeks in recent months, which I have never had a problem with before. So, I knew I had to buy something to try and stop them in their tracks. I went into Boots and decided on a scrub and a treatment cream from the Clearasil range.
 
 
The products I chose were the Clearasil Ultra Rapid Action Treatment Cream and the Clearasil Ultra Blemish & Marks Scrub.

 
Clearasil Ultra Blemish & Marks Scrub
 
I bought this because it was described as a scrub that would 'help clear blemishes fast and fight the appearance of marks'. If I ever get a cut/blemish anywhere on my body it takes between 3-12 months to heal and my face usually takes 2-3 months to fully fade any marks, so anything that claimed to reduce that time, was something on my shopping list. It does say that because excessive drying of the skin may occur, start with one application a day and then gradually increase to twice a day if needed. If dry skin still occurs, reduce to once daily or once every other day. I have been using this daily for about two weeks and at the start of the second week, I started to notice my nose was actually peeling, so I have since reduced usage to every other day.
 
I assumed that because this was a scrub it would also help with my ever persistant blackheads, but I have noticed no difference with them and an exfoliating glove does a much better job. There is also a warning on this that because of some of the ingredients, it can increase your skin's sensitivity to the sun, I haven't noticed anything like that yet, but I wear high SPFs anyway. You also should definitely wash your hands after using this scrub. This scrub has a lovely fruity scent which is a nice difference to the typical chemically scent you get with a lot of spot fighting skincare products.
 
My first impressions of this product would be that I have noticed a difference to my skin, but I really don't put it down to the use of this product. It is definitely responsible for my skin dryness, because this is the only new product that I have applied to my nose area. I don't think this has done anything for my skin.

 
Clearasil Ultra Rapid Action Treatment Cream
 
I bought this to treat the blemishes that are appearing on my chin and cheeks. It claims to visibly reduce spot size and redness in just four hours. To use this product, you apply it morning and evening after washing your face, directly onto spots and allow the cream to dry. You should also remember to wash your hands after using this cream. I have been using this every morning and evening on affected areas for about two weeks and have definitely noticed that it works! I will feel a bump appear under the skin, apply this cream on top and it does definitely seem to prevent them from appearing. I have had a few blemishes appear but a lot less than usual and they are about a quarter of the size and don't last long at all! This cream has definitely worked for me. It treats my blemishes within days and I am very, very impressed with this! When I have had a blemish, because they have been considerably smaller in size, they take a lot less time to heal, so I am really happy!
 
The only thing I would say about this cream is that, it seems to form a barrier over the area you have applied it to, and if you touch the area after it has dried it does just peel/fall off like a very thin face mask. I try not to apply makeup on top of this and leave the product on for around an hour before I rinse it off and then apply my makeup, I just don't want my skin to look flakey and I think it could easily happen with this.
 
Overall, my first impressions are that I could definitely do without the scrub and I would like to try a different scrub that will help fade my marks and also help with blemishes/blackheads too. But my first impressions of the treatment cream are very good and I will definitely continue to use this and find no need to search for a replacement :)
 
Thanks for reading!
 
What are your holy grail products for fighting spots/blackheads/marks?
 
Emily :) x


4 comments:

  1. Oohh thanks for this, I've been looking into trying a new spot treatment!
    Kallie @ But First, Coffee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries! Hope it works for you :D xxx

      Delete
  2. I've nominated you for an award on my blog check it out here xx

    http://thelittlelacebows.blogspot.com/2013/09/the-versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete