Sunday, 1 September 2013

Favourites: August 2013; YSL, Nars, Lush, Maybelline Etc.

Hey everyone,
I cannot believe August is coming to an end already, this month has gone so quickly. This month I have 9 favourite products to show you, it was hard to pick just a few as I've been loving so many things lately! So, here's what I picked:


YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat Foundation in 'BR 10 Beige Rose'
I thought it would be funny to include the chihuahua nose, doing anything is so hard with a little doggy that's so clingy, haha. This foundation I have been reaching for more this past month because it gives a more natural finish and is more dewy than my regular foundation (Lancome's Teint Idole Ultra 24H), which is a thicker foundation and offers heavier coverage and a matte finish.
This foundation is quite watery so doesn't apply as thickly as high coverage foundations, I would describe this as medium coverage. Although, I prefer a high coverage foundation, this has been a great alternative, when it's been warmer and didn't want a foundation that I can feel on my skin or I've just wanted to look more natural. The shade choices are good and it smells nice too!



Real Techniques Buffing Brush

This brush is part of the Core Collection brush kit by Real Techniques, which includes three other brushes; a detailer brush, pointed foundation brush and a contour brush. I absolutely love this brush and use it every day to buff out and soften my blush and contour. Its so dense and works perfectly to blend everything to a more natural finish. Couldn't recommend this one more!


Illamasqua's 'Creator' Nail Polish

I recently bought this in the sale for £5, but the regular price is £14.50. I think this is one of my favourite nail polishes ever, its literally perfect for the accent nail. One coat is enough to be completely opaque and one coat, with no base or top has only started to chip on the 4th day, pretty impressive! It gives such an even distribution of silver glitter and is so easy to apply.


Pixi Vitamin Lip Silk in 'No.2 Amfinite'

The colour of this looks awful, but its so sheer it doesn't look like that at all. This lip product is so, so hydrating. It is quite glossy, but not sticky at all and comes in a range of shades. I'd really like to try a darker shade as this one is pretty much just transparent. I really like this cos it makes my lips so soft and its packed full of vitamins to help soften my chapped lips. 


Nars Orgasm/Laguna Palette:

I picked this up about a month or two ago, as I had been desperate to try the famous Orgasm blusher and the equally sought after, Laguna bronzer. They both completely live up to their amazing reputations and are literally perfect. Orgasm is such a pretty shade; a peachy pink with a hint of golden specs running through it and Laguna is a gorgeous shade for my pale skin. I wish Laguna was just a tiny bit more pigmented though!


Maybelline Colour Sensational Vivids in '422 Coral Tonic'

This colour is amazing it is literally the perfect coral, not too orange toned. Its hydrating, great colour pay off and looks so lovely on! I absolutely love this range of lipsticks and will definitely be buying some friends for this little beauty. I wear this all the time, its so easy to wear and just adds a little something on a dull day!


Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub

After reading amazing reviews on this, and never trying any Lush products, I decided to take the plunge and I am so very glad I did. This really helps to buff off all the dead skin on my lips, making them so much smoother and healthier looking. It is so quick and easy and tastes amazing! I will do a proper review of this soon :)


Hydraluron Serum by Indeed Laboratories

This is probably the product I have been most impressed by. I was sent a sample of this to try and I absolutely love it. It has done wonders for my skin. I had the most stubborn patch of peeling, dry skin on my cheek that had been there for about a year and no amount of exfoliating or moisturising could budge it. Then I tried this serum and after about two days, it was completely gone and I continued to use it for about a week or so, morning and night and I haven't used it for a couple of weeks and my skin is still free from dryness! This is a wonder product for dry skin.

 Lancome Le Crayon Sourcils in '010 Blond' Eyebrow Pencil

I bought this a few months ago and hadn't really used it much because I usually use gel, but this is a great alternative. It is so creamy, which makes application easy, the colour is lovely and natural and matches my hair colour really well. You don't have to use a lot of product, I think I must have used it about 15 times and I am still yet to sharpen it! This takes literally a minute to apply and lasts all day.

All these products are definitely products I will repurchase once they run out!

Thanks for reading!

Have you tried any of the products I have mentioned?

Emily :) x

20 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to try NARS Laguna but I thought I couldn't pull it off due to being ridiculously pale, but seeing as you've mentioned that it looks good on your pale skin you've made me want to purchase it again! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am literally one of the palest people on the planet and it works really well for me :D you should definitely try it lovely :) xxx

      Delete
  2. Looks great I really want to try the YSL foundation :)
    Meg xx (new follower)

    peachpips.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a nice foundation, definitely worth trying a sample of it :D xxx

      Delete
  3. The YSL foundation looks amazing, I really want to try it out as well as the Hydraluron Serum! I love my LUSH bubblegum lipscrub! xx

    Daphne | Peanut Butter and Chocolate Life | bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Hydraluron Serum is probably the best thing I've tried all year! The foundation is lovely too and I absolutely adore the lipscrub! :) xxx

      Delete
  4. Wow, so many beauties! <3 I've really been watching to try a Lush lip scrub.
    Kallie @ But First, Coffee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They are amazing! You should definitely try one out :D xxx

      Delete
  5. I really want to try that YSL foundation, it sounds lovely!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is gorgeous, you should definitely get a sample if there is a YSL counter near you :) xxx

      Delete
  6. I want to try out the YSL foundation. So many great reviews on it! Love all your picks though. Everything looks so good to try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a lovely foundation, Lancome is still my favourite but this one is definitely up there :D Thank you, they have all really impressed me! xxx

      Delete
  7. Im going to buy the bubblegum lip scrub next time i go to lush! And actually, that foundation looks good!;)

    Great post! Thanks for sharing!:)

    Hugs, Brittany, xx

    http://polkaanddots.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will love it I am sure :D the foundation is really lovely too! xxx

      Delete
  8. It nice to finally see a local blogger im also from hertfordshire ( and freckly hehe ;) ) ( iv only just started ) Loved have a nose throught your blog :)

    www.luvsthat.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I definitely don't know many Hertfordshire bloggers either! I'm from Welwyn Garden City! I will definitely check out your blog lovely :) xxx

      Delete
  9. Love these favourites! The real techniques brush is at the top of my wishlist at the moment xx

    p.s I've tagged you in my Liebster Award post if you fancy taking a look :)

    Essie | The Li'l Sparrow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is such a nice brush :)Thanks lovely! xxx

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. It is so lovely, I can't stop using it! :) xxx

      Delete