Monday, 26 August 2013

Wishlist: August 2013

Hey everyone,
 
So my wishlist is probably a mile long, but I've selected 10 things that I am most desperate to own at the moment!
 
 
1. Kevin Aucoin Sculpting Powder:
 
I am so into contouring/highlighting at the moment, its something I always used to neglect in my makeup routine but now its something that I feel incomplete without, I feel it makes such a difference to your face. This sculpting powder is very popular and although it is quite expensive, it has such positive reviews, I definitely feel I need to take the plunge and purchase this! It is described as being formulated with grey, red and brown pigments to give the illusion of natural shadow. The problem I have with using bronzers as contour powders is that they are usually too orange, this sculpting powder comes in one universal shade, so I really hope this works for my skintone.
 
2. Maybelline Baby Lips:
 
I have been waiting for these to come to the UK and they are currently on 3 for 2 at Boots, so I am definitely going to pick up 3 of these when I next go there. I am lip balm mad and I have way too many but they are probably my most used product, so that's my excuse, haha. There are six different types and if they are as amazing as people are saying, I'm definitely going to have to collect the full set!
 
3. Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte Shine Lipstick in '16 Orange Impertinent':
 
These lipsticks are definitely doing their rounds on the blogosphere, and are getting rave reviews. The packaging is absolutely stunning and they look truely high end, they have some gorgeous shades and such a lovely, hydrating, glossy finish. After swatching pretty much every shade in John Lewis, I came down to my favourite being '16 Orange Impertinent', but they didn't have any stock in of that shade, so I have been looking elsewhere. Boots currently have an offer on where you get 2000 advantage card points (£20!) when you purchase any two YSL products, so I am definitely going to put an order in to buy this lipstick and my absolute favourite mascara; Volume Effet Faux Cils.
 
4. Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation in '1C1 Shell':
 
I got a sample of this at a recent John Lewis beauty event and was pleasantly surprised to find a foundation that matched my skintone. The coverage on this foundation is amazing! Admittedly, it smells awful and feels so heavy on the skin but the coverage it has to offer is second to none. I need this foundation to rescue me when I am having a bad skin day, so this is definitely something I am lusting after. I find this shade is quite difficult to find and it has been discontinued once before, so I am definitely going to snap up a bottle ASAP.
 
5. Bioderma Sensibio H2O Micelle Solution:
 
There is a serious hype surrounding this product right now, and I want to know what the fuss is about! I have tried the supposed dupe, L'Oreal Paris Skin Perfection 3 in 1 Purifying Micellar Solution and find it to be seriously underwhelming, it doesn't remove my makeup very well at all and it makes no difference to my skin. So now I want to try the real thing and I am hoping to be impressed!
 
6. Avene Thermale Spring Water Spray:
 
Another product that is highly rated by bloggers is the Avene Thermale Spring Water Spray. I think this sounds like such a versatile product, helping soothe the skin from razor burns, bites, sunburn and any mild skin irritations but also as a setting spray for your makeup and it actually has other uses too, I definitely want to pick up a little bottle of this and see how I get on with it.
 
7. Cargo Contour Palette in 'Monaco':
 
Again, another product to help me on my mission to find the perfect contouring/highlighting products. This contouring palette features a highlight powder, blush and contour powder and comes in two different shades, Monaco and Malibu. Malibu has a pink blush and a deeper brown contour powder. I am swaying towards picking Monaco, but I am still undecided!
 
8. La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo:
 
I don't usually suffer from many blemishes, usually one or two, I don't have anything to treat them with. But at the moment, I have about 4/5 of the blighters and they take so long to heal, I need something to tackle them with. This is another very highly rated product and currently has 25% off on Escentual.com, so I will definitely be ordering this in the next week or so. Fingers crossed this product works for me as well as it does for others!
 
9. The Body Shop Brow and Lash Gel:
 
I rarely go anywhere without 'my eyebrows on' as I say and I absolutely have to set whatever product I fill them in with. The Body Shop always have great discounts, so I definitely want to try this for my eyebrows.
 
10. Diorskin Nude Tan Healthy Glow Enhancing Powder:
 
This powder is designed to give a radient, fresh glow, comes in the most gorgeous little compact and also comes with its own mini kabuki brush. There are four shades to chose from; two are pink harmonies that add 'a touch of freshness and also a highlighting effect', the other two are apricot harmonies for a 'vibrantly sensual glow'. I have no idea which one I would pick but I think it would have to be a pinky one. These are simply stunning and Escentual.com definitely has the cheapest price at £31.45 instead of £37! My bank account is going to seriously hate Escentual.com.
 
Thanks for reading!
 
Have you tried anything on my wishlist?
 
Emily :) x
 
 
 

16 comments:

  1. Nice:)
    http://freshisyummy.blogspot.com/2013/08/follow-me-down.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such lovely products, looks very similar to my mental wish lists haha!

    www.frankiebooxx.blogspot.co.uk

    Frankie xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, my mental wishlist is getting way too long xxx

      Delete
  3. I haven't tried any of them but I'd love to purchase the YSL lip product. I keep seeing reviews of it on blogs and it looks so good! :)

    IAmLinderella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have since posting this ordered it so I will definitely do a review when I receive it :D xxx

      Delete
  4. I have to say, I own 3 of the baby lips lip balms, and they are absolutely amazing, so I highly recommend that you try them!
    Also, If you haven't noticed, I have nominated you for the Liebster Award on my blog! Please take a look
    http://ezzwilliams.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely have to pick them up! I love a good lip balm :)

      Thanks lovely! xxx

      Delete
  5. I'm dying to get Bioderma! I hope that it lives up to the expectations! xx Rena Kiss and Make Up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! It gets such amazing reviews! :)xxx

      Delete
  6. Great list! I have had that Diorskin product on my mental wishlist for ages! It looks so lovely :)

    Rosie x
    http://itsalljustrosie.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely! Me too, I saw it instore and knew I had to have it!
      :) xxx

      Delete
  7. So many lovely products here! I really want to try a YSL lipstick, the packaging and shades look so gorgeous.
    Love your blog, new follower here :)
    Carrie:Brighton xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been wanting to try one for so long too! I placed an order after posting this and have just recieved mine in the post, cannot wait to try it out :) Thank you :D xxx

      Delete
  8. ooh the cargo trio immediately caught my eye! i just recently found a shop that sells cargo makeup but i haven't bought anything there yet; i'll have to look into more of their stuff and see what goodies i can get my hands on (:

    xx
    Natalie | Salt & Sail

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks amazing doesn't it?! Yeah, they've definitely started to stock Cargo in a lot more places recently, they have some really interesting looking products :) xxx

      Delete