Monday, 12 August 2013

Pound Shop Bargains Haul! - Mostly Beauty and Home Bits (My Obsession For Mini Sets of Drawers Continues)!

Hey everyone, hope you all had a lovely weekend, I had another really busy one, so haven't been able to blog for a few days and I'm actually squeezing this post in super quick, because I have another really busy day ahead of me!
 
If you remember I mentioned I'd been pound shop haulin' a week ago at the weekend and think its about time I show you what I bought! I think I got some great bargains :)
 
 
So, here's what I got in the way of smaller items.

 
Odd Bits and Pieces:
 
I got the little pug slippers from Primark for £3 and the little hair elastics were also from Primark and cost £1, you get 300 in pack and they're perfect for french plaiting!
 
The diary was from WH Smith so not so much of a bargain, I keep a diary every day not really of anything in particular but just who I see, what I do, birthdays, that sort of thing, not 'Dear Diary' entries or anything like that. This had 20% off and was £9.99 which is pretty expensive but its pretty and has a page to a day so its quite a big diary too! Its an academic diary, I'm not at school or anything, I just prefer them to Jan-Dec ones, not sure why!

 
Beauty:
 
I picked up these beauty bargains in several different pound/cheap shops.
 
 
Bourjois Velvet Finish Lip Cream in '53 Rose Veloute' 99p (Discount UK):
 
This is a matte lip cream, the top screws off and its a doe foot applicator. The colour is sort of a terracota shade, I think the shade is a bit too mature for me and I'm still not big on matte lip products but wanted to try this one as it was only 99p. Its a great price as I think this would be a brilliant product for girls that prefer a matte lip.


Tea Tree Oil 30ml £1.49 (Discount UK):
 
This is just pure tea tree oil, I love tea tree oil products, they really work well with my skin, so I wanted to see how it works solely on its own. Sorry the picture is the wrong way, it wouldn't turn around! The front of the packaging describes tea tree oil as being: anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, anti-septic, anti-viral, anti-inflammatory and kind to skin - surely this has a place in everyone's cupboard? :)
 
 
Nivea Lip Balm in 'Soft Rose' 99p (Discount UK):
 
I love Nivea lip products, I have one called 'Pearly Shine', it looks really lovely on so when I saw this one, I knew I had to try it! I can't tell you much about this as its still in the packaging!

 
OPI Crackle Nail Polish in Black £1 (Poundland):
 
I had seen people talking about finding these in pound shops so I was on the look out and they had a shade I would actually use, so this was a great find! I think I've actually lost it though, I can't find it, oops! I have no idea how I managed that, haha.

 
 
NYC Products 99p For An Eyeliner Pencil and Glossy Lip Balm (Discount UK):
 
These were an absolute bargain! I was after one of the Applelicious Glossy Lip Balms for ages so when I saw these little packs with a lip balm and an eye pencil for the tiny price of 99p, I grabbed the two colours available, if there was more I'd have had them too!
 
The eyeliners are in a plum colour and I probably won't use them but the lip balms seem really nice, so I'm really, really happy with them! :)
 
Now onto the home bits I got!
 
 
Letter Rack and Clock £3.99 Each (Discount UK):
 
This letter rack as £3.99 and I use it for notepads, notes, receipts and any bits of paper I have floating about! The clock was £3.99 also! My room is full of little bits like this, I love them! Me and Luke are starting to think about moving out in the next year or so, I may be collecting more decorative items than practical but until he complains, I'll carry on, haha.

 
4 Drawer Heart Box £6.99 (Discount UK):
 
How cute are these? I love them, I am currently harbouring a dangeous obsession with 'cute mini furniture' as I call it. My collection now includes; a mini wardrobe, mini dresser and seven sets of mini drawers! All that happens is I put things in the mini drawers and forget all about them, but they just look so cute, I can't resist adding to my collection, haha!

 
6 Drawer Storage Box £7.99 (Discount UK):
 
Oh no, more miniature drawers. I couldn't resist, now all my Discount UK bits match, so it makes sense in my head! They're actually pretty good quality for the price, they're heavy and actually quite large so lots of bits in them. I love all my home bits that I got from Discount UK and no doubt if I see any more mini drawers, I will buy them, I'm a hoarder!
 
So, I'm really happy with what I got, especially my NYC lip balms and my 6th and 7th editions to the mini drawer collection, haha.
 
Don't forget to enter my giveaway for reaching 50 followers via GFC! The prize is a big bundle of 16 makeup items including Essie, Benefit, Bourjois, Dainty Doll & more! 
 
Thanks for reading!
 
What pound shop bargains have you got recently?
 
Emily :) x
 
 
 
 


18 comments:

  1. Great haul!I'm so envious you got some NYC balms for only 99p! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :D I think they were around that price on Fragrance Direct last time I checked :) xxx

      Delete
  2. The little storage boxes are adorable!!!
    Especially the heart ones with the matching letter holder, what awesome bargains!
    The Blushing Giraffe | A New UK beauty blog
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :D I love them, so cheap as well :) xxx

      Delete
  3. The 6-drawer storage box is so cute! I absolutely love minatures. I just went on their website hoping to buy one but they don't do delivery :(

    IAmLinderella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, thats definitely one of my favourites! Oh that's such a shame :( xxx

      Delete
  4. Great post! Thanks for sharing!

    Hugs, Brittany, xx

    http://polkaanddots.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Emily! The drawers are just too cute! And you got the NYC balms for a great bargain! xx

    Daphne | Peanut Butter and Chocolate Life | bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so cute aren't they! I was so happy to find the NYC lip balms in there :) xxx

      Delete
  6. these things are all so nice!! I love a good bargain, id been wanting some high wasted jeans for ages and knew that the topshop ones for £42 were abit out of my price range I was looking around for ages but couldnt find any that met the quality of the topshop ones, the other day I was shopping and found the exact ones i wanted for £15 reduced from £42. I was so excited and so proud of myself to find such a bargain
    (sorry for rambling aha) lovely blog btw!!

    http://indiacameron.blogspot.co.uk/ x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I am definitely the same as you, I rarely pay full price for anything, haha! Sounds like you found a great bargain too, I love when that happens! Hate when you buy something full price then it goes into the sale though, haha :) Thanks so much, and no worries, I love a good bit of rambling!!

      xxx

      Delete
  7. Some amazing bargains here! Kepp up the blog lovely!

    llh x

    www.lauralouisehaynes.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I couldn't believe some of the things I found, thanks so much :) xxx

      Delete
  8. Can't believe you found an opi polish for 99p what a bargain, hope you find it.
    I haven't heard of discount Uk shop I will have to try and hunt it out.
    Maybe Its Megan Leigh xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I had heard of others finding the shatter ones too but I really hope I can find it! :) Yeah they are really good, probably the best cheap shop I've found :) xxx

      Delete
  9. I love the polish.

    the-renaissance-of-inner-fashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

  10. find your exclusive discount codes with discounts king. save on your favourite online shop

    save on your favourite online shop

    ReplyDelete