Sunday, 4 August 2013

July Favourites!

Hey everyone,
 
Hope you are all having a lovely weekend, I have just got in from shopping and I am definitely worn out! I got some good bargains in the poundshops, so look out for a post on what I picked up in the next few days :)
 
So, I wanted to show you my favourite products that I have been reaching for most in the month just gone, July.
 
 
Quite a few products really and most very reasonably priced :)
 
 
Bourjois Magic Nail Polish Remover:
 
I had heard really good things about this remover from other blogs, so at the Boots points event last month, I picked one up as Bourjois was on 3 for 2, I also got one in my Latest in Beauty 'Ultimate Summer Nails' box (I wrote about that box HERE , its definitely the best beauty box I have ever had!).
 
I am so pleased with this nail varnish remover, it literally removes everything so easily. I can't believe how well it works, It makes life so much easier and for £4.99 you can't go wrong, really. You simply unscrew the lid then there is a big sponge with a hole in the middle and you put your finger in the hole, twist it about a bit and your nail polish is completely removed, amazing!

 
Real Techniques Blusher Brush;
 
I ordered a load of RT brushes a few months back and I think all of them are amazing but this one definitely deserves a little mention! I use this to apply blusher and sometimes bronzer too and it applies both flawlessly. I absolutely love it, the RT brushes really are so, so worth having. This is dense but not stiff so perfect for applying blusher, it really helps when applying a darker shade that needs a light hand.

 
Macadamia Natural Oil Nourishing Leave-In Cream:
 
I bought this from Fragrance Direct and for £2.99 you get a 60ml tube, which is pretty good! I have really long hair, past waist length and I only use a pea sized amount, so it definitely won't run out too quickly. You literally just apply it all over your towel-dried hair and you can use it every day. I always found these leave-in creams make my hair so greasy and heavy but this just leaves my hair beautifully shiny and super soft. Finally a haircare product that works well for me!

 
Kiko Eyebrow Wax Fixing Pencil:
 
I usually use gel to set my eyebrows but wanted to try something different and was putting in an order with Kiko a few months ago, so decided to get this. I am so, so glad I did! It is quite small and retails at £5.90 but I will definitely be repurchasing. It is really easy to apply as you literally just draw over whatever you have used to fill in your eyebrows, done in seconds! It really does set them so much better than gel in my opinion. I have been getting lots of compliments on my eyebrows since using this so it definitely does something :)

 
Calvin Klein Eyeshadow in '127 Horizon'
 
There's something about this shade that I just love, it looks so nice on and lasts all day, I don't use primer either. At only £1.99 on Fragrance Direct this is a complete bargain. Its pigmented and blends beautifully, I'm not very good at eyeshadow but with this it really is effortless.

 
Bourjois Little Pot of Blush in '39 Veloute De Peche'
 
A while ago I ordered 9 of these in different shades after seeing an amazing offer on Boots.com, you can see all the shades I picked and swatches HERE. I have been absolutely loving them and they are such lovely blushers, I even went back and bought another three shades, bringing my total to 12, crazy lady.
 
This shade is something I've never had in a blush before, its such a delicate peach and is so natural, I really like this as its a great alternative to the standard pinky/red shades.

 
Soap and Glory The Fab Pore Facial Peel:
 
This is actually a re-discovery, I was cleaning out my drawers and found this, I must have bought it last year and decided to give it a go. It makes my skin feel so, so clean. You just rub a grape sized amount into clean, dry skin and keep rubbing until all the blue beads are gone, leave it on for five minutes and rinse off, so simple and quick! It just makes my skin feel lovely, it doesn't make any difference to my pores, but nothing ever does! If anyone could recommend any products for blackheads, I would be very grateful :D

 
Dior Addict Lip Glow:
 
Last but definitely not least, is this gorgeous tinted lip balm by Dior. My parents went away last month and brought me this back, I was very, very pleased! This lip balm adapts to give the perfect colour to suit whoever is applying it, my lips turn a gorgeous pink colour and it is so weightless on the lips, absolutely love this. This is definitely a 'my lips but better' product and it lasts really well too, perfect. I want to do a proper review on this, so will talk more about it and show swatches then :)
 
So, that's my July monthly favourites, I could have put so many more products in this list but I had already picked loads!
 
Don't forget to enter my giveaway to win a bundle of 16 makeup items, including Essie, Bourjois (three of the blushers I mentioned earlier), Dainty Doll, Benefit and more! You can enter it HERE !
 
Thanks for reading!
 
Tell me some of your July favourites! :)
 
Emily :) x
 
 
 


22 comments:

  1. I really want to try the Dior Addict Lip Glow thingy! I love the RT blush brush, I use that everyday :)

    Annie | www.raspberphobia.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so, so lovely! I absolutely love it :)
      Me too, its the perfect brush! xxx

      Delete
  2. I've seen so much on that nail polish remover and with my addiction I think I will need to try it out!

    bellasbeautyblogs.blogspot.co.uk

    Claire

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my god, you definitely do! Its amazing :D xxx

      Delete
    2. Hi! I nominated you for the Liebster Award!


      http://bellasbeautyblogs.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/the-liebster-award-i-was-nominated.html

      Claire
      xxx

      Delete
  3. I've always wanted to try the Soap & Glory Fab Pore, I use pretty much everything else from them! Think im going to go and get some! Great picks!

    Eloise | http://simplnaturale.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use one of their face washes too and that is lovely! I really love their products too! Thank you :D xxx

      Delete
  4. That RT blush brush is my favourite, i use it for blush, bronzer and powder and its just lovely!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so nice isn't it, I love it! xxx

      Delete
  5. I really want the Dior lipstick it looks soo pretty! I love the Bourjois blushes as well :) xx

    ~ VISUALCANDY INC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is gorgeous, I definitely recommend it :D The Bourjois blushes are really, really lovely xxx

      Delete
  6. Ahh I need to go get that Real Techniques brush, it's about time I replace my cheapo blush brush and this one looks amazing. I also love that Bourjois blush color (:

    xx
    Natalie | Salt & Sail

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so worth getting :D I always just had a cheapy one and trust me this makes it so much easier! xxx

      Delete
  7. The Dior Lip Glow is so pretty looking! I would buy it if only for the packaging.

    Ring-a-Round a Rosey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do buy things for packaging all the time, haha. It is really pretty and a great product too :D xxx

      Delete
  8. omg, i want the dior lip glow for such a long time!! so jelly that you have it :P

    www.AvneeshnKaren.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to try it, its so so good :D xxx

      Delete
  9. I love the Bourjois blushers I got from boots! I've seen them win awards in a load of magazines since and they smell amazing :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so good aren't they, and for such a great price :D xxx

      Delete
  10. Hun try the Biore Deep Cleansing Pore Strips, they really are good. They've helped clear up my pores loads :) XOXO

    sparkle-bug.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the Bourjois Nail Varnish Remover, so quick and easy. That Bourjois blush is gorgeous, I'm addicted to Peach Blushers!

    Stevie | Stevie Hearts Makeup
    xxx

    ReplyDelete