Friday, 2 August 2013

Illamasqua Sheer Lipglosses in 'Torture' & Lily-Rose' Reviews and Lip Swatches!

Hey everyone,
 
 So Illamasqua had a sale one recently and I took advatange of that, completely! I bought loads of great items, and I wanted to show you the two lipglosses I bought. They retail at £14.50 normally, but I got them for £5 each, bargain!
 
I don't usually wear lipglosses because if I go out and its windy my hair just ends up glued to my mouth, but because these were on offer and such interesting shades, I had to try them and I'm very glad that I did :)
 
 
The packaging is very simple, but practical. The only thing with Illamasqua that I would faulr them on is anything you order comes in the same size box which is probably 30cm wide and 20cm high. As everything is free shipping, sometimes I just pop on the site to order an eyeshadow, and this tiny little eyeshadow comes in a huge box like that, its kind of wasteful, but I can't complain about the fact there is always free delivery!
 
 
I really am happy with the shades I picked and even though they look very garish in the tube, they're actually really nice on application. I chose 'Torture' which is the orangey shade and 'Lily-Rose' which is the red shade.

 
The applicators are different to lipglosses I have had previously which usually use the doe foot applicators. These are actually really nice and easy to apply and the applicator is a really flexible, soft, rubbery type of material, I really like them!
 
They have a really lovely fruity scent that isn't overpowering and is definitely a welcome addition. The best part is, they aren't sticky, my worst nightmare with lipglosses. I definitely want to try one of Illamasqua's intense lipglosses, I think these are relatively pigmented for a sheer lipgloss, so I bet the intense versions are amazing!
 
Here's some swatches :)
 
 
So, in the tube, Torture looks quite similar to its swatch but Lily-Rose is much more of a berry shade on compared to that deep red in the tube.

 
 
The two pictures above are how Torture looks on application, its definitely quite sheer but I love the colour and think its one of them shades that would suit anyone!


 
Lily-Rose is a lot more pigmented and an absolutely gorgeous shade but I still can't decide on my favourite between the two! Illamasqua are definitely becoming one of my favourite brands!
 
This is my natural hair by the way, dead straight and seriously lacking in volume! Actually I have used the Babyliss Root Booster before taking these pictures and I still have very little volume, so you can imagine how flat it is when I haven't done anything with it! I've tried so many volumising mousses, leave in creams, hairsprays etc and none of them work, so any recommendations would be great :)
 
Don't forget to enter my giveaway to win a bundle of 16 makeup items including Essie, Bourjois, Dainty Doll and Benefit HERE ! :)
 
Thanks for reading!
 
Have you tried any of the Illamasqua lipglosses?
 
Emily :) x
 


20 comments:

  1. omg, they have a sale on? need to check if they still have it! x

    www.AvneeshnKaren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They did have it was on for ages, I don't think its on anymore now though :( xxx

      Delete
  2. I haven't tried any, but these look beautiful on you, especially Lily-Rose. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so worth trying! Thank you Ash :D xxx

      Delete
  3. I wish i had of known they were having a sale, i keep hearing about the amazing bargains every one got!
    Your hair looks lovely, sounds like you might like something like the Schwarzkopf osis Dust it powder or their got2b powderful styling powder! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only found out from signing up to their emails, I think they have one around xmas usually, so look out for that one :D
      Ah thank you, I always feel like its too flat! That sounds good, I will definitely look out for them, thanks so much for the recommendations :D xxx

      Delete
  4. Lily-Rose is beautiful... and Oh. My. God. Your eyes are gorgeous!!!

    Sarah
    Eyeshadow Addicts Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it, such a gorgeous shade! Aww thank you so much :D xxx

      Delete
  5. The pink one is beautiful, love them both!!

    xx
    Natalie | Salt & Sail

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them too, will definitely be getting a lot of use out of them :D xxx

      Delete
  6. really like these both, can't believe how cheap they were!

    beautyandtheb1.blogspot.co.uk

    B xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, crazy isn't it?! They're so good for the money! XXX

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Ah thank you, I really like that one too :D xxx

      Delete
  8. Torture is a lovely colour, I've been looking for a coral lip product! x

    Kathryn
    enclosedbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love coral lip products but its so hard to find the perfect shade! xxx

      Delete
  9. They both look lovely! Xx

    http://jasminecara.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I love yours, following now! Stay in touch xx

    thedailysugar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and no problem! Will definitely stay in touch :)xxx

      Delete