Friday, 16 August 2013

HQ Hair Haul - Nars, Pixie, Seche Vite & New CID Cosmetics!

Hey everyone,
 
I have loads of haul posts saved and some of them are a month old (or even longer) but I still want to share them with you, a lot of you have said how much you love hauls!

I had previously not heard of HQ Hair, but after reading some good things about them and seeing that they stocked Nars (I had been after the Laguna bronzer and Orgasm blush for so long) I decided to take the plunge and put an order in, I am so glad I did as they had so many offers on! They also had the blusher and bronzer in a duo palette so that was perfect!
 
 
This is what I got, sorry about the not so great pictures, it was dark and as these pictures are from weeks ago, I was using my old camera that really couldn't handle bad lighting.

 
and this is what I got that I actually paid for, all the other items you saw in the picture above were free with my order!
 
 
These are the freebies I got! Seriously impressive considering I didn't buy a great deal.

 
These just came with any other over a certain amount. On the left is the Glam Glow Super-Mud Clearing Treatment and is described as a full mask or spot treatment, its only a tiny 2.1ml sample, but I really like the idea of this mask, it claims to help with: 'pores, problem skin, blemishes, pimples, breakouts, zits, spots, black and white heads, razor bumps and in-grown hairs'. I definitiely want to look more into this brand!
 
On the right is an 'Egyption Magic' All Purpose Skin Cream and is described as the Ancient Egyption's secret magical cream. Again its only a small 3ml sample but having previously never heard of these brands, its a great way to get to know different products available.
 
 
Nars Orgasm/Laguna Blush/Bronzer Duo £30:
 
I had heard so many good things about both the Laguna bronzer and the Orgasm blush and wanted to get both to try, so when I saw this, I thought it would be perfect. I absolutely love them both and use them both most days. Laguna is perfect for light contouring, I find it quite difficult to build up if I want a heavy contour, but for every day use its perfect. It doesn't give that muddy look bronzers can sometimes give on pale skin and it isn't the slightest bit orange, it really is the perfect shade. Orgasm is a beautiful, it gives such a natural colour, its a rosey pink with a tiny hint of gold flecks running through it. They work excellently together, complimenting each other perfectly and I couldn't recommend them more. They are definitely sheer though, so if you're expecting something really pigmented, or colour thats really buildable, these aren't for you, they give a much more natural finish, which I definitely prefer for my pale skin!
 
 
Pixie Nail Colour '031 Mink Grey':
 
I then saw that Pixie had an offer on, they had most of their products discounted and then if you ordered two you got a free Lip Silk worth £12. So, this nail varnish was £5.31 instead of £6.25 and I only bought this because I was going to order something else and needed to buy something else to get the free Lip Silk, haha. I really like the colour of this though, I don't have anything like it, its a pretty small bottle though, only 7ml.

 
 
Pixie Early Bird Palette:
 
This was on sale reduced from £16 (which I think was an excellent price anyway) to £13.60. I decided to get this, as I'd never tried anything from Pixie before and thought this would be a good way to try the brand. I think this palette is gorgeous, I love the packaging and love the cute idea of the embossed fairies and 'Pixi' word into some of the products.
 
So, you have on the left 3 blushers, then you have 16 eyeshadows in the middle and also four different eyeshadow bases, then on the right, two bronzers and a highlighter.
 
I have tried the bronzers, blushes and the highlighter and they are absolutely lovely, I really like the highlighter as I don't have one in powder form. I have swatched some of the eyeshadows on my hand and some literally have no colour pay off at all, but a few are a lot more pigmented, I don't know how much I'll use them. A lot of the lighter shades that have less colour pay off, would work great in the inner corner of the eye to brighten that area. I think they are all shimmery except one!

 
Pixie Gift With Purchase of Two Items:
 
Because I bought two Pixie products, I got this Lip Silk free in the shade 'No2 Amfinite', which looks horrible in the tube but on application is pretty much just sheer. It feels just like a lip balm but it is a bit glossier (without the stickiness!). It is described as a /liquid lip balm with added vitamins that leaves a transparent slick of shine with a hint of colour'. This has a doe foot applicator. I love the idea of this and it feels so nice on and makes my lips look really healthy. I really love this product and want more colours now! Its packed full of vitamins, so I'm sure it would be great for helping my chapped lips!
 
I also got a little 1ml sample of the Pixie Flawless Beauty Primer, which is decribed as an illuminating primer, I'll definitely try this out.
 
 
Seche Vite Nail Lacquer in 'Timeless Style':
 
I bought this because I've tried the Seche Vite top coat and wanted to try one of their regular nail polishes, this was reduced to £6.66 and is the most gorgeous pale mauve and most pale colours are so sheer on first application, this is completely opaque, I was just testing it as I was writing this as I hadn't got around to using it yet and its unbelievable! I have to do a NOTD post soon and I'll try and remember to use this to show you guys! I bought this because if you spent over £55 you got another free gift, so this took me to over £55.
 
 
New CID Cosmetics Kit (Free If You Spent Over £55):
 
So this kit is worth £36.50, so definitely worth spending a bit extra to get this free! It includes a full size nail polish, full size lip gloss and a travel size primer.
 

New CID Cosmetics i-polish in 'Strawberries and Cream':
 
I do love a hot pink nail polish, but this one is a bit more special as it has a button in the lid that if you press, turns on a little light that is on the side of the lid! I don't know why these light up cosmetics impress me so much, they just do, haha. These retail at £10. I haven't tried this one yet (I have too many nail varnishes) so I don't know what its like but I will definitely have to do a NOTD post and maybe use all three nail polishes shown in this post, to show you what they're like on application :)

 
New CID Cosmetics travelsize i-prime:
 
This travelsize version of their best seller primer 'i-Prime' is 10ml and retails at £10. I love the packaging, its so modern and different. I haven't tried this one yet either, but as its one of their best sellers, I'm expecting it to be good! It also won an award in 2011 at Look Fantastic. This doesn't light up, unfortunately, I did check for hidden buttons just incase though, haha.

 
New CID Cosmetics i-gloss in 'Honey Pot':
 
This retails at £16.50 and in the tube looks pretty hideous, it looks pretty much orangey brown with a lot of gold shimmer, not appealing to many people I'm sure. On application, the colour is very sheer but the gold shimmer is definitely very visable. Its really strange, I've never seen anything like it before and its really not for me.It has a brush applicator, which I like. It does have a light in the lid and there is also a mirror down one side of the tube, its such a great idea and I wish they sent me a different colour because it feels lovely on application, just not the right colour for me! This goody bag you got sent could be any colour lip gloss and nail polish, so I'm happy I liked one of them!
 
 
Overall, I was so happy with this order and will definitely be ordering from HQ Hair in the future! I also used a code that took 15% off some items so I got another discount of £3.34, the order totalled at £55.57 which I think was great value and I'm so glad I got to try my first Nars, Pixie and New CID Cosmetics products, I really like all three brands and can't wait to try more. HQ Hair also have worldwide free delivery on anything, which I think is amazing!
 
This was quite a while ago, so the offers I got aren't available anymore, but they currently have 3 for 2 on Butter London nail varnishes, when you spend £55 you get a free Bellapierre "get the look" smokey eyes kit worth £39.99 and loads of other offers too! Their offers are constantly changing so its definitely worth keeping an eye out :)
 
Don't forget to enter my giveaway!
 
Win a bundle of 16 makeup items, including Essie, Bourjouis, Benefit, Dainty Doll & more! Only 2 days left!
 
 
 
Thanks for reading!
 
Have you ordered from HQ Hair? Have you tried any of these brands?
 
Emily :) x
 
 

 
 

16 comments:

  1. I got my Real Techiques brushes from HQ Hair for around £4/£5 cheaper than Boots and have loved the website ever since!
    That Pixie pallette looks gorgeous :)
    xxx

    zelda249.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the RT brushes and definitely want some more so I'll have to look for them on HQ Hair! It is a lovely palette :) xxx

      Delete
  2. That Pixi palette looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Seche Vite polish sounds really good, i wasnt sure whether to try them as i hadnt heard much about them but ill definitely order a couple now x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely have to do a post about it, it looks amazing, my nails are really bad at the moment so I'll have to wait for them to sort themselves out, haha! xxx

      Delete
  4. Great haul! The nars blusher/bronzer looks sooo nice, i just love the colours!:)

    Hugs, Brittany, xx

    http://polkaanddots.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it is stunning! I absolutely love the shades :) xxx

      Delete
  5. Lovely post =). I'm really interested in Pixi at the moment and you've given me some ideas!

    Erin, xx

    http://strawcherry21.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ! I definitely want to try more of their products now! :) xxx

      Delete
  6. Hello lovely! I've nominated your for a liebster award on my blog! If you are interested go to: http://thelittlelacebows.blogspot.com/2013/08/hello-lovelies-i-have-been-nominated.html xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your header!
    mind checking out my blog?
    idkmatilda.blogspot.com ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I will definitely check out your blog :) xxx

      Delete