Sunday, 25 August 2013

Haul: Last Month's Illamasqua Sale! Big Haul & Swatches: Lipgloss, Eyeliner, Blusher, Eyeshadow & More!

Hey everyone,
 
Last month Illamasqua had a big sale online, that ran for a few weeks, they kept adding new items so I actually put in a few orders, so I apologize for all the different backgrounds and the low quality pictures (I took them with my old camera).
 
I wasn't looking for anything in particular, I just love Illamasqua and wanted to get all the bargains that I could! Illamasqua is one of my favourite brands and I thought I got some great products at amazing prices :)
 
 
This was the first order I put in at the beginning of the sale.

 
Illuminators:
I got two illuminators, both £5 reduced from £13.50. The first one is a white, pearly shade called 'Slay' and it is literally the most perfect highlighter, I absolutely love it!
The second is called 'Fondle' and is a pink shade with gold running through it, I haven't used this one as much but it is still lovely. I will definitely be purchasing more of these illuminators! I did a review of the Illuminator in Slay, here.

 
Sheer Lipglosses:
 
These sheer lipglosses were both £5 reduced from £14.50 and were a complete bargain. I absolutely love both shades and I did a post where you can see what they look like on, here. The orange shade is called 'Torture' and gives such a lovely subtle hint of the colour, the pinky red shade is called 'Lily-Rose' and does give a more intense colour, both are very flattering and I will definitely get lots of use out of these. They both smell lovely and aren't sticky too! :)


 
Eyeliner Pencils:
 
When I wear pencil eyeliner on my waterline, I always use black, so I wanted to try some browny shades to see how I got on with them.
 
I chose a fine pencil in 'Uncanny' which was £5 reduced from £11 and is described as a mid caramel brown shade. I'm not sure on this one, its far too hard to use on the waterline and I don't use pencils anywhere else, but I'm sure I'll be able to experiment with it, I might see how it works as an eyebrow pencil.
 
The second pencil I picked was a medium pencil in 'Fidelity' which was also £5 and was reduced from £13. This is described as a milk chocolate brown, this one is much softer and in my opinion, a much nicer shade. I haven't got round to trying it on my waterline, but I'm sure it'll be soft enough to use there.
 
 
Eye Brow Cake in 'Stark':
 
I am a bit addicted to eyebrow products, I love trying out different pencils, powders, gels etc. So there was only one shade in the sale and it was described as auburn, I thought I might have got away with it, but I definitely can't, its far to red. But its really nice to apply and I definitely want to try it in another shade. This was £5 also, reduced from £15.50!

 
Under-Eye Concealer in '105':
 
I got this under-eye concealer as it was one of the only lighter shades in the sale and it is the lightest shade they do and it is literally white, haha. But I can blend it in and use it as a highlight for under my eyebrows, Illamasqua products are incredibly versatile, which is a reason why I love them so much! I don't think this product would work very well as an under-eye concealer as it isn't pigmented enough to cover anything but it works well for other things so I do like this product. This was £5 and was reduced from £13.

 
Here are the swatches!

 
 This was the second order I made, at the end of the sale.

 
Nail Varnishes:
 
I picked two nail varnishes, the one of the left is 'Vice' and is a purple rubber finish nail polish, it was £5 reduced from £14.50, I had this on my toes and it literally feels like rubber, its amazing! The colour is a lovely deep purple. The second shade I picked is 'Creator' and that is a black with silver shimmer, for a glittery nail polish it applies so easily and the silver shimmer really transfers, it looks exactly as it does in the bottle when you apply it to your nails. I really love both shades and I'm so pleased with them!

 
Powder Eye Shadows:
 
I pretty much only wear neutral eyeshadows and there wasn't too many to choose from, but I'm really loving the shades I got. My absolute favourite eyeshadow is an Illamasqua one, so I am a massive fan of their powder eyeshadows. Both were £5 reduced from £15.50! The shade of the left is 'Jules' and is a warm milk chocolate with a matt finish and is such a gorgeous colour. The second shade is 'Bronx' and is a pale bronze-gold with a shimmer finish. They're both really pigmented and have such a velvety texture.

 
Cream Pigment in 'Androgen':
 
 This is one of those multi-use products and has been quite popular with bloggers in the past. This can be used on eyelids, cheeks, lips, wherever you want really! I got this for £7.50 and it usually retails at £17.50. I really love this coral shade and I think it would look lovely worn on the cheeks and lips. I haven't got round to trying this, but I think the shade is gorgeous and it has a really creamy texture.
 
 
Cream Blusher in 'Seduce':
 
Lastly, I got this cream blush in 'Seduce' which is a warm rose pink and has a dewy finish. I bought this for £7.50 reduced from £18 and it is another really gorgeous shade. I don't use cream blushers much because they don't seem to last as long, but I do love the finish the give and this one is so pigmented!  
 
 
 Here are some swatches of the last four products.
 
Overall, I got some amazing bargains and I cannot wait until the next sale now!
 
Thanks for reading!
 
Did you get any good bargains in the recent Illamasqua sale?
 
Emily :) x
 

 
 
 

 

 
 
 


12 comments:

  1. I brought two of the same products as you, androgen & seduce, i also brought a fine glitter pigment from them aswell, there is a review on my blog :)

    Lovely blog, would love you to follow mine back.

    www.frankiebooxx.blogspot.co.uk

    Frankie xX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, I will definitely check that out :) I have followed you, love your posts! :) xxx

      Delete
  2. I can't believe you got most of these for only 5 bucks! Or Euro, I dunno I'm American, haha. I love the Androgen cream pigment. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, GBP which works out to be just under $8! :) Such a bargain! Me too, gorgeous isn't it?! :) xxx

      Delete
  3. The eyeshadows are so pretty, and I love how bronx looks! I really want to try illamasqua! Especially their Kontrol lipstick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them, their eyeshadows are stunning! You definitely should, they're amazing :) I haven't tried any of their lipsticks yet though! xxx

      Delete
  4. Wonderful haul!!

    Great post, thanks for sharing!

    Just to let you know, I am running a giveaway on my blog at the moment, so if you haven't done so already, please visit my blog and take a look..

    http://polkaanddots.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/100-followers-giveaway.html

    Hugs, Brittany, xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. i dont own any illamasqua cosmetics, i want one so bad
    xoxo
    http://randommonchi.blogspot.com.ar

    ReplyDelete
  6. so angry that i missed the sale :/ but well done for getting all the lovely products :) x

    www.AvneeshnKaren.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I can imagine, but I am pretty sure they do one around Christmas time to maybe sign up to their emails, that's how I found out they had a sale on :D xxx

      Delete