Wednesday, 14 August 2013

Glossybox August 2013 Unboxing!

Hey everyone,
 
So yesterday my Glossybox came and I already had some idea of what I would be getting because I always get impatient and look at other blog posts, haha. This box was free as I had collected enough Glossy Dots for a free box, so that was a bonus :)
 
 
This month's theme was 'High-Flyers' and its based on products perfect for 'girls on the go', they have hand picked products from around the world for this box. This is something I think is a great idea, I am always envious of products that are available elsewhere in the world that I can't get my hands on in the UK and its a great opportunity to try some new or unknown products!
 
Glossybox also have a new CEO, Rachel Kavanagh and she promises they are working on exciting projects and that there are some exciting months ahead, I am definitely VERY intrigued :)

 
So, here's what was inside! I noticed some people got a Juicy Couture perfume sample in their box, I think that is so unfair, you can walk into any department store and they will give you a handful of these if you ask, I don't really think they should include these 1.5ml vials in beauty boxes. I think if they included a bigger sample, with enough perfume in it to last a week or so in a pretty bottle (like they did with a Yves Rocher one a few months back that I actually went on to buy) people would be a lot happier!

 
Tresemme Platinum Strength 60 Second Treatment Shot 15ml:
I like the look of this and I will definitely use it, I don't particularly have damaged hair but I think anyone can benefit from hair treatment masks etc. So, with this you apply it once a week, after shampooing to damaged parts of the hair (ends I assume), avoiding the roots, leave on for 60 seconds then rinse off! Definitely a product for girls on the go, or lazy girls like me, haha. This is full size and retails at £1.49.
 

 
Jelly Pong Pong 2-in-1 Eyeliner & Shadow:
 
This is full size and retails at £10.50, I highly doubt anyone would pay that when you can buy a package on the Jelly Pong Pong website which contains two of these, a lip blush and an eyeshadow palette for £15! I like the concept of this and it does seem to be very pigmented when I was swatching it, but its not my colour at all, this sort of plum shade would make me look ill!

 
Oceane Makeup Remover Pen:
 
Another full size product! This is a Brazilian product, not yet available in the UK, so this is definitely an exciting one for me, no idea how much this retails for. I have never tried a makeup remover pen before and it will definitely come in handy because I can get into a right mess with my eye makeup! This is definitely a very welcome addition for me!
 
 
Eucerin Aquaphor Soothing Skin Balm:
 
This is a product from USA and is for very dry or even cracked skin, perfect for me then, my hands are practically falling apart right now! It says it is clinically proven to help support the skin's own regeneration process. I can't wait to try this out, I've been looking for a heavy duty moisturiser that actually works for a while, so I'll have to see whether this is my miracle product! This is a 40ml sample, which I think is pretty generous! Full size for 200ml retails at £8.50 at Boots, so I'm glad that if this works for me, its affordable to repurchase.
 
 
Emite Make Up Eyelash Curler:
 
Last but not least I received this eyelash curler that retails at approximately £20! I have never really used an eyelash curler before so I'm looking forward to seeing if this makes a difference. This is a Swedish product.
 
I loved the theme of this box and the inclusion of products from around the world, I thought that was a really nice touch. There didn't seem to be any discount codes included in this month's box though, sometimes Glossybox have some really good discount codes available to use, so that was a shame.
 
This wasn't my favourite Glossybox and to be honest I'm glad I didn't have to pay for it, but I am just so grateful I didn't get the little perfume sample! I'm still really looking forward to trying the Tresemme hair treatment, the eyelash curler and the moisturiser though :)
 
Don't forget to enter my giveaway to win a bundle of 16 makeup products including Dainty Doll, Benefit, Essie, Bourjois and more :) ENTER HERE!
 
Thanks for reading :)
 
What do you think of this month's Glossybox?
 
Emily :) x
 
 


 
 
 


19 comments:

  1. Eucerin products are really great! Ive never been so impressed by a moisturiser before, usually i get bored and want to try something new but i loved it! Really interested to see what their skin balm is like! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree!

      And if you have time I would love if you could check out my blog and maybe even follow.
      http://acatshabitat.blogspot.co.uk

      Delete
    2. Oh wow, that sounds amazing! I definitely want to try the moisturiser now! :) xxx

      Delete
  2. Great post! Thanks for sharing!!

    Hugs, Brittany, xx

    http://polkaanddots.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ive been really interested in starting to purchase beauty boxes, have you ever tried any other brand than glossybox?

    Let me know :)

    Lovely blog, would you follow me back if you like it?

    www.frankiebooxx.blogspot.co.uk

    Frankie

    xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love beauty boxes, you can get some really great products in them! I have tried Birchbox once a long time a go and I also tried them this month, just got my box through, so I'll be posting a review on it in the next few days :)
      I love Latest in Beauty, they do the best beauty boxes, they're not monthly though and you know what you're getting. There is also BeauteCoBox beauty boxes, which I have ordered this month for the first time and I'm waiting for it to arrive, so I'll do a review for that too and you can see what's best for you :)

      I do love Glossybox though! I've been subscribed to them for months and don't want to unsubscribe at all yet! They do a reasonable amount of full size products, wheras Birchbox does a lot more sample size products :)

      I will definitely check out your blog :) xxx

      Delete
  4. never knew about glossybox! now I want to buy them!!

    Also I nominated you for the Liebster Award!! I hope you can
    answer the questions, here is the link
    I would LOVE to read them :)

    Astrid
    astridlammua.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so good, I love getting them in the post every month! :) Thank you lovely :) xxx

      Delete
  5. We got the exact same box :) Lovely post x

    Claire | AgentSmyth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha snap :)So glad we didn't get the perfume sample! xxx

      Delete
  6. Those eyelash curlers look tempting haha.
    I love your blog so I've nominated you for a Liebster Award. Check out this post here:

    http://iamlinderella.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/liebster-award-i-got-nominated.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to try them out! :) Thanks so much lovely :) xxx

      Delete
  7. Thank you for the lovely comment on my blog, really appreciate it! :)

    Great post, your photos are great!

    Now following you, looking forward to your next post! :D

    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing!I really like your blog!
    Follow? I follow you now!

    http://freshisyummy.blogspot.com/2013/08/roar.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Am getting really jealous of all these reviews, my Glossy box hasnt arrive yet! think i need to email them :(
    great post I've nominated you for the Liebster award!
    Visit my blog to check it out
    http://sparkle-bug.blogspot.co.uk/

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, yeah definitely email them! :) Hope it comes soon! Thanks so much :) xxx

      Delete