Monday, 5 August 2013

Dior Addict Lip Glow Colour Awakening Lip Balm Review & Lip Swatches!

Hey everyone,
 
I have gone lip product mad recently, there's just something about them, they're definitely my favourite makeup product to buy. So, I had been lusting after the Dior Addict Lip Glow Colour Awakening Lip Balm for quite a while so was so pleased when my Mum and Dad brought it back for me after they had been away!

I have been so pleased with this lip balm and I know £22.50 for what is essentially just a tinted lip balm may seem ludicrous but it is so worth it and you can actually buy if for £19.10 at Escentual HERE which knocks a little bit off of the price :)

This lip balm first caught my attention after I was speaking to someone that works in Debenhams and she had the most gorgeous colour on her lips, I had to ask her what it was and she took me to the Dior stand and told me how much she loved this product and how it adapts to anyones skin tone to create the perfect flush of colour for that 'my lips but better' look. She had been wearing hers for hours at work and it still looked perfect! She showed me a swatch on her hand and it started off just pretty much sheer then slowly changed colour to a lovely pinky shade, I was definitely impressed!

 
The packaging is the standard silver Dior cardboard box, pretty, simple and eyecatching, I much prefer silver to gold, sorry YSL.

 
Then the product itself is in a very pale pink square shaped case with 'Dior' embossed on the side. To use the lip balm you pull the round silver bit and it pulls out to look just like a standard twist up lipstick tube. I really like the idea of this, the packaging is simple but practical and really very pretty.

 
The colour of the outer case matches the colour of the lip balm perfectly, I think this is really a nice touch.
 
 
Here's what it looks like on! I absolutely love how natural it is. It feels so lightweight on the lips, when it does start to wear off you are still left with a hint of colour. It is hydrating, but not as much as some of my other lip products, but definitely a lot more so than a lipstick for example.
 
It does have an SPF of 10, which is always a welcome addition. I feel like this lip balm definitely lasts longer than my other tinted lip balms. Overall, this product is one of my favourites; the packaging is gorgeous, the product is so light on your lips it feels like you're not wearing anything and it is undoubtedly one of the most natural looking products I have.
 
Don't forget to enter my giveaway to win a bundle of 16 makeup items from Essie, Bourjois, Dainty Doll, Benefit & more! Enter HERE :)
 
Thanks for reading!
 
What is your favourite 'my lips but better' lip product?
 
Emily :) x
 
 

12 comments:

  1. I love the packaging! It looks so luxurious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is something I definitely need to get my hands on!

    Annie | www.raspberphobia.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really recommend it, I love it! :) xxx

      Delete
  3. I love lip butters and this one looks lush. Definitely adding this to my wishlist!

    http://iamlinderella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its so nice, it was on my wishlist for quite a while too :D xxx

      Delete
  4. So lux. I love it. The packaging is so pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. have always been eyeing on this!!
    I think i'ma get it next time i walk pass a dior counter...!! CANT WAIT TO USE THIS <3 xx

    www.AvneeshnKaren.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should, its so, so lovely :D xxx

      Delete
  6. I love this! The Dior addict lipgloss has been on my wishlist for a while, must buy! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so gorgeous, I absolutely love it :) So worth getting! xxx

      Delete