Monday, 1 July 2013

Summer Sales Part Two - What I Bought From Selfridges and House of Fraser - Deborah Lippmann, YSL, Lancome & Belmacz!

Hey everyone,
 
I have literally gone MAD for this year's summer sales, I've found some amazing products for incredible prices and wanted to share with you all the bargains I managed to find :) I am poor now, but it was so worth it!
 
I got loads of little bits from different websites/shops, so I'm just gonna divide them up into different posts. My first summer sale post was the Kiko Cosmetics haul post that I did last week, which you can find HERE. This one is the second installment and features five high end products that I got from Selfridges and House of Fraser.
 
House of Fraser:
 
 
I got three products from House of Fraser, a Deborah Lippmann nail polish, a YSL eyeshadow duo and a YSL nail lacquer, all at reduced prices.
 
 
Deborah Lippmann Luxurious Nail Colour in 'Mermaid's Dream' - 15ml
(£16.00  £11.20)
 
This was a complete impulse buy and with only two left in stock, how could I resist? I would have forever regretted that decision, I know it! I have never tried Deborah Lippman polishes, so cannot wait to try this one out.
 
This photograph does not do this polish any justice, as you can't really see the colours properly. It is actually an aqua, greeny shade with flecks of blue and gold. I've never seen anything like it and after looking up swatches on google images, I knew I had to have it!
 
The name is perfect for this polish, all I can think about is mermaids whenever I look at it. The bottle is a square shape and its probably one of my favourite nail polish bottle designs, its really simple but so elegant at the same time.
 
 
Yves Saint Laurent Ombres Duolumieres Eye Shadow Duo in 33 - 'Caramel Tan/Burnt Brown'
(£30.00  £20.00)
 
Another impulse buy, simply for the price and the fact they actually had a duo of really wearable, neutral shades available, usually they only have purples or greens etc that are reduced, which I just cannot pull off! I love all the YSL products I own, its just the price I don't love, so any reductions draw me in very easily! Again, there was only two left in stock, so I had to buy this eye shadow duo, otherwise I'd have been very angry with myself.
 
The compact is gorgeous and really sturdy. The top shade, 'Caramel Tan', is a very shimmery bronze shade, and the bottom shade, Burnt Brown', has a slight shimmer and is a reddy, brown shade. I don't own anything similar to these shades and they are really stunning, wearable colours.
 
 
 
Yves Saint Laurent Long-Lasting Nail Lacquer in 33 - 'Purple Rose' - 10ml
(£17.00  £11.33)
 
I have been wanting a YSL nail lacquer for so long, after hearing great reviews on them, particularly how long-lasting they are. I just couldn't spend £17 on a nail polish, so when this had been reduced, I had to have it. There was only two shades to choose from, a very dark, almost black shade or this gorgeous purpley, pink colour. There was only two of these in stock too, so I quickly made the order as there was no way I was missing out on this reduction!
 
Selfridges:
 
When I ordered my Festival Beauty Box, I had a browse in the sale section and was very glad that I did!
 
 
 
 
Belmacz Puff Puff Powder Applicator in 'Chaldecony Heaven' (Light Blue)
(£58.00  £15.00)
 
Yet another impulse buy, how could I resist with this huuuuge reduction in price! This powder applicator from Belmacz is for applying loose powder and is probably one of the softest things I have ever felt, I cannot wait to see if this is worth the original very hefty price tag.
 
I also want to try Belmacz Oyster Pearl Powder, which is an ultra fine, translucent powder made with real crushed pearls, this applicator was made for all loose powders but especially to go hand in hand with the powder, so I might wait till I have that before I try out this applicator. This applicator is handmade from eiderdown.
 
 
 
Lancome Baume in Love in 120 - 'Peach Melodie'
(£20.00  £10.00)
 
I love lip balms, they are probably the product I have most of when it comes to beauty. I just can't stop buying them! This is described as a 'translucent neon lipbalm' and is part of the limited edition 'Lancome in Love' collection.
 
I saw this months ago and was desperate for it, but it was sold out everywhere, Lancome is one of my all time favourite brands and I was gutted I missed out on this, then it popped up in the Selfridges sale at half price! The packaging is really, really gorgeous and I was so pleased with it when it arrived!
 
 
So, there's everything I got from department stores this year in the summer sales! My favourite purchase is either the Lancome lipbalm or the Deborah Lippmann nail polish. I will most likely do reviews for all of these products very soon! :)
 
Thanks for reading!
 
Do you own any of these products? :)
 
Emily :) x
 
 
 
 

7 comments:

  1. Soooooo very jealous of that YSL eyeshadow duo! That lip balm looks lovely as well :)

    Sarah
    Eyeshadow Addicts Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're both gorgeous aren't they?! :) xxx

      Delete
  2. I want that Lancome balm! Gah! Now I need to look for it haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I hope you can find it! :) xxx

      Delete
  3. That Lancome lip balm looks awesome! I want that so badly now!
    I nominated you for a Liebster Award because I love your blog! http://withasideofbeauty.blogspot.com.au/2013/07/liebster-awards.html xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is amazing isn't it?! Thank you so much! :) xxx

      Delete
  4. Wow!! Did House of Fraser have a sale on Beauty products? that never happens!!!

    MISSY IN THE MIRROR

    ReplyDelete