Wednesday, 17 July 2013

Mememe Long Wear Satin Lip Creams (Brights) Coral Cloak, Hot Magenta & Pashmina Pink Lip Swatches and Review!

Hey everyone,
 
Today I've got a review for you on the Mememe Long Wear Satin Lip Creams. I bought these a few weeks ago, when Mememe had 50% off their gift sets. I originally wanted the nude trio but that was out of stock so went for the brights trio instead. These were priced at £19.99 for the free but I obviously got them for half the price.
 
 
I don't wear lipsticks much because they are far too drying on my lips, so these being lip creams sounded perfect.
 

The packaging is gorgeous, they come in boxes and have the colour name e.g. 'Hot Magenta' but each one also has the name of a Greek Goddess e.g. 'Elektra', I think this is a great idea & something really unique.
 
 
They also have a picture of the Greek Goddesses on the side of each box and I think that is another great addition to the already lovely packaging.
 
 
The lipstick tube itself I think is very classy and could easily be mistaken for a high end product. It has a swirly pattern around the base of the tube and I just couldn't fault the packaging on these lip products.
 
 
Here are some swatches of the colours. As you can see they are incredibly pigmented and three very different colours. I love all three colours with 'Pashmina Pink' being my favourite one to wear.
 
These lip products are described as 'long-lasting lip colour enriched with Shea Butter and Vitamin E for luxuriously soft & alluring lips'. These lips products are incredibly soft and I mean too soft. They literally collapse as they touch your lips so make sure they're not twisted up too high in the lipstick tube otherwise they would just smush completely. I would not describe them as long lasting as they start wearing off towards the inside of the lips within minutes, they are just too soft to stay put. I think you would need a lip liner with these as they tend to bleed. In the five minutes I was wearing 'Hot Magenta', it managed to smear all over my teeth so these are quite hard to work with!
 
Another negative is that they cling to any dry bits of your lips and right now my lips are pretty chapped so these don't look great up close on my lips right now. But saying all that, I really want to persevere with these lip products as I really like the colours, the texture and how light they feel on my lips. I'm sure I can work with them! They are quite glossy which I like too, I'm not really into matte lip products, they just don't suit me.
 
They are incredibly easy to remove as they don't sink in at all and just sit on your lips, which is a nightmare in one sense because that makes them very easy to smudge but great on the other hand as they're so easy to remove and don't stain at all. The one thing I have thought of that could be making these lip products so soft is the fact it is 30 degrees out today, so that could definitely be contributing to the softness! As I mentioned earlier my lips are very chapped so maybe when they are back to normal, they will be much better to apply too? :)
 

Pashmina Pink
 
This colour is my favourite when it comes to suiting my skin tone and my personal preference of how they look on me. Its very subtle but also very flattering, I don't usually wear pale pinks, if I saw this in a shop I would run a mile, but I really like how it looks on, so I'm very happy with this one :)
 
 
In this lip swatch of Pashmina Pink you can kind of see it clinging to my lips and you can see ifs not a smooth completely opaque application. I love this colour though, its so pretty.


 
Here's how it looks on me!

 
Coral Cloak
 
This colour is probably my least favourite, it is a bit too orange toned for a coral in my opinion. This doesn't suit my skintone very well and was probably the hardest of the three to apply as this one was the one that clung to my dry lips most.
 
 
In this lip swatch you can see it wearing away where my lips meet, this was after about 30 seconds, so I can't imagine what they would be like after a few hours.
 

Here's how Coral Cloak looks on, it looks quite nice in the picture but I just couldn't get the colour to go opaque where my lips meet it just would wear off in seconds.
 
 
Hot Magenta
 
This one was by far the easiest to apply and didn't seem to cling to any dry bits on my lips, and the colour is really nice too. I didn't have any major problems with this one only that it did manage to sneak onto my tooth!
 
 
On this lip swatch you can see it has a much smoother application than the other two lip creams. This was completely opaque too!


 
Here's how Hot Magenta looks on, I'm not sure if this suits me or not, but it was definitely the best when it comes to application by far, no problems really with this one. Maybe the darker shades of these lip creams work a lot better?
 
Thanks for reading! :)
 
What do you think of the Mememe Lip Creams?
 
Emily :) x
 
 
 
 

14 comments:

  1. I love the packaging! Hot Magenta is my favorite :)

    Sarah
    Eyeshadow Addicts Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hot Magenta was a lot easier to work with and had the best colour pay off by far :) The packaging is lovely isn't it?! xxx

      Delete
  2. I really like the packaging of these! Shame about the softness. But you might be right, the weather is sweltering today x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the packaging! Yeah, I will have to retry them once it cools down :) xxx

      Delete
  3. Hot Magenta is so pretty. I think it looks lovely on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ash :) I never usually wear colours that pink but I quite like it :) xxx

      Delete
  4. love coral. but the magenta looks so lovely on you. have you tried the revlon butter lipstick thats lovely. if you still find them drying as i have the same problem put elizibeth arden 8 hour on while applying makeup then apply colour helps loads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes I have they're lovely :) Thanks for the tip, I will definitely try that! :D xxx

      Delete
  5. Love the packaging and the boxes they come in, lush! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nice isn't it? Such a good idea :) xxx

      Delete
  6. The packaging is so lovely, but lipstick bullet smushing? No thanks :(

    At least Hot Magenta proved to be a good colour and formulation, compared to the rest of the shades!

    Vanessa | Citron and Guavaberry | Makeup & Silly things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I know it was a massive let down :( It could be just down to the weather though, so I will have to try them when it cools down! The packaging really is gorgeous! :) xxx

      Delete
  7. Love the coral cloak shade!

    http://eleganceandbeautynz.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have prefered it if the formula was a bit better :( xxx

      Delete