Tuesday, 9 July 2013

HELP My Skin Looks Terrible :( My Horrible Experience With The Infamous 'Origins Super Spot Remover'

Hey everyone,
 
I'm so disappointed with the Origins Super Spot Remover and had such high hopes after reading countless amazing reviews. My experience with it is probably one of the worst reactions I've ever had with a blemish product...In fact, it is the worst reaction I've ever had to any product! I'm so upset because my skin is sooo bad, I had so many lovely new products to show you guys, but there is no way I could take a picture of my face with the way my chin looks after using this! :(
This retails at £14 and you only get 10ml, so it is quite pricey. I was in John Lewis last week with my Fiancee and he offered to buy me it as I had been moaning about two little spots for about a week that I had on my chin and they just wouldn't go away, so I thought this would get rid of them! I was horribly wrong!
 
I don't get very many spots and rarely get them anywhere other than my chin and I don't think I've ever had more than two or three at any one time. So, when I got back from John Lewis I took my makeup off straight away and applied the Super Spot Remover to both blemishes (they were on either side of my chin) and I applied it with a cotton bud using a different end for each spot so as not to spread any germs. Then I got one last cotton bud and swept some of the gel on the middle of my chin inbetween the two blemishes, just to prevent any appearing there as I know that is my problem area.
 
The next morning, apart from the addition of another spot on my chin it looked no different, so I put some more on that evening, the exact same application method as the night before, then I woke up the next day and I could not believe what greeted me in the mirror. I had gone from two tiny spots to NINE in two days. I have never, ever had skin like this in my whole life and they were the horrible big, nasty red kind, not little pimples. I was horrified. I stopped using it obviously and have been applying Sudacrem, Savlon and washing my face with Soap and Glory's Face Soap for three days now to no avail.
 
My skin looks awful, I can't apply any makeup to it and it just seems to be getting worse. I have no idea what to do! So, please guys recommend me some good spot fighting treatments! I have some friends/family coming over this weekend and I cannot possibly enjoy myself with my face looking the way it does.
 
I have to add that I hate to give a product a bad review and I am fully aware I have completely slated this product but I am getting so annoyed by what it has done to my face and the fact that it hasn't improved, only got worse, in the past three days. Also, my skin is very sensitive, and I have yet to find a spot product that works for me, so I am sure my bad reaction is just down to my sensitive skin :(
 
Please recommend any methods/products I can try to help me get rid of these spots by Friday!!
 
Thanks for reading!
 
Emily :) x
 
 

10 comments:

  1. Oh no! I'm sorry this happened to you :(. I take it you're allergic to the product. It might be best to leave the area alone. Keep it clean, and let them dry out on their own. You don't want to ruin the skin around them too. If anything, try to see a good dermatologist, and they can try to help you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ash, yeah I guess I probably am allergic to it, I've never had a breakout half as bad as this! Yeah, that's definitely what I'm going to do, I'm just putting a bit of Sudacrem on them and they do seem to be fading a bit now! :) xxx

      Delete
  2. Thats horrible! Lush Ocean Salt Scrub is really good for just cleaning out your pores and skin. I would just leave your skin alone for a little while and let it heal itself! xx Rena
    Kiss and Make Up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I couldn't believe it when I woke up! I've never tried any Lush products, but that sounds great. I will definitely try it when my skin has healed up so I can try and prevent future breakouts! :) thanks so much for the recommendation :) xxx

      Delete
  3. How traumatizing! I definitely won't be getting this product any time soon... I'm sorry that happened to you!

    I agree with Rena... I would avoid adding any new products and just let your skin recover.

    Sarah
    Eyeshadow Addicts Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems to be a bit of a blogger's favourite, but it just didn't work for me at all! Thank you I just hope it gets better for the weekend! Yeah, I'm just gonna have to hope my skin wants to heal up quickly, haha! :) xxx

      Delete
  4. Hey Emily, I have nominated you for the Liebster Award. Please take a look at http://siannie.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/liebster-award.html?m=0 for my questions to you :)

    Sian
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sian, thank you so much, that's really kind of you! :) xxx

      Delete
  5. Oh no, that's such a shame you had a reaction to this, I think the ingredients in it are quite strong. I would recommend using something gentle, I like to use distilled witch hazel on a cotton pad or witch hazel gel, it's not a total miracle worker but it soothes the area as well as healing. I know that the super spot remover has witch hazel in it, so if you decide to try it, make sure you try it on a small area first just to check you're not allergic to it!

    I hope it gets better soon <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I've never had a reaction to anything really, other than dry skin, so this was a real shock! I have a few witch hazel products and I find they really do help, they seem to help massively with calming the soreness and redness. The distiller witch hazel sounds like a great idea, thanks so much for recommending! I will definitely have to try that :) xxx

      Delete