Saturday, 13 July 2013

Glossybox July 2013 Unboxing!

Hey everyone,
 
I was surprised to recieve my Glossybox this afternoon after having no dispatch notice, but it was a very pleasant surprise and definitely my favourite box yet. The only bad thing about this box was the fact that two of the products were damaged!
 
 
This box was seaside themed and I think they stuck to the theme really well, everything in this box was summery and so suitable for the weather right now!
 
 
The box is such a gorgeous design, I absolutely love it. I will definitely have to find a use for this.
 
 
So, I actually got four full size products and two decent sample sizes, I am looking forward to trying everything, as I think I got some really great products.
 
 
They were so generous with their box this month and the only thing I could fault it on is that two of the products were damaged, I'll come back to that later though!
 
 
Coola Face Mineral Sunscreen Moisturiser SPF 20 - 7ml (Full Size 50ml RRP £29.99):
 
So, this was the product I was least excited about, but I will still use it anyway, just not right now when its scorching outside as I am using my beloved SPF 50+ otherwise I will crisp up and die! This is still something I'm excited to try, although I'm pretty sure I won't repurchase due to the heavy price tag, still nice to try out a luxury sun tan lotion though!
 
 
Anatomicals Spray Misty For Me Facial Spritz (100ml Full Size £6):
 
A full size product is always such a welcome addition and seeing as I have never tried Anatomicals I was eager to try one of their products, so I was really happy to receive this. It was boiling today and I used it straight away, it is so refreshing and really does cool you down, I'm not mad about the scent but that's fine, it doesn't linger!
 
 
Essie Nail Wraps in '12 Oh My Gold!' (Full Size £9.99):
 
When I first opened my box, I was disappointed to have received these instead of the Ciate paint pot, but after seeing that most people that did get the nail polish in their box got a red or orange shade, I realised that, although I love Ciate, I don't need any more red or orange nail varnishes! I have never tried nail wraps, but Essie is probably my favourite nail polish brand, so I'm sure these will be good and now I am really glad to have received these in my box! :) I absolutely love the design too!
 
 
Bamboo Style Boho Waves Tousled Texture Mist by Alterna - 25ml (Full Size 125ml RRP £23):
 
I was so excited when I saw this in my box, I really hoped that I would get this, after seeing other people get it in their box. I have gone a bit mad for salt sprays lately and I just want to try anything to give my boring hair some volume and texture, so I cannot wait to try this out!
 

 
Sleek Pout Paint in '158 Rosette' & '153 Cloud 9' (Full Size £4.99):
 
I have been wanting a Pout Paint for months so was so happy to receive not one, but two of them! One of them is white, which I'm not sure I would use, but I am still happy to receive it to experiment with maybe mixing with other shades to lighten them.
 
The only problem was they were both completely dried up, I tried to get a close up picture so you can see. They were both completely solid, the product had almost turned into little crystals,, there was no liquid to it whatsoever and they actually make a crunching sound when you squeeze them.
 
I am assuming that Glossybox will send me out replacements as it isn't my fault they arrived like this. I have sent them some up close pictures so hopefully they'll get back to me Monday/Tuesday, we'll see! I would be very unhappy if they didn't replace them!
 
So, that's what I got in my box. I love the contents of this month's box, I was just disappointed that two of the products arrived completely unusable :(
 
Thanks for reading!
 
What did you get in this month's Glossybox?
 
Emily :) x
 
 

6 comments:

  1. This box looks really awesome! All of those products seem really nice and I love the theme! I just got my Ipsy bag today and it had the same Coola moisturizer in it, can't wait to give it a try. I love Ipsy, but I keep hearing so many good things about Glossybox and would love to check it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This box is definitely my favourite one that I've ever received! I love the theme too, we don't have Ipsy in the UK I don't think :( xxx

      Delete
  2. Such a bummer about the lip products! I would be interested to see what they looked like!

    -Maddy @ www.BeautyBanterBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had an email today and they're going to send out replacements, so I will do a review of them when I receive them :D xxx

      Delete
  3. Ooh I'd really like to try Essie nail wraps!hope they are good!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I've never tried any nail wraps before, so I am excited to try them out :) xxx

      Delete