Friday, 12 July 2013

Boots Points Event Big Haul; Lancome, Clarins, Bourjois, Bumble&Bumble etc!

Hey everyone,
 
Sorry about all the hauls lately, if they're getting boring let me know! I'm itching to show you all the products properly and do reviews but seeing as my skin still isn't great after my incident with the Origins Super Spot Remover you'll have to make do with the hauls!
 
I never ever usually buy this much makeup, skincare, haircare etc, but because of all the summer sales, I just get lured in! It looks like I spend so much money but before this I literally spent nothing on makeup for months, so I am due a splurge! :)
 
 
For those of you that didn't know, Boots had an event yesterday where for every £30 you spend instore you get £7.50 worth of points, so seeing as there was some things I wanted to try anyway I went to see what they had and came out with way more than I expected/needed!
 
Clarins:
 
 
I got all this lot for an absolute steal at the Clarins counter yesterday, having paid just £25.50 for the lot!
 
 
Clarins had an offer on, if you buy two items, one to be skincare you got a free gift. So, I bought the two items above and the rest was all a free gift!
 
 
Clarins Instant Smooth Crystal Lip Balm in '06 Crystal Mandarin' £18 reduced to £9:
 
First I noticed this Clarins Instant Smooth Crystal Lip Balm in '06 Crystal Mandarin' half price, reduced from £18 to £9. I actually got one of the Limited Edition Crystal Lip Balms a few months ago and absolutely hated it because it had a really funny finish to it. This one however, after swatching it, I found was completely different, so I took the plunge and hopefully this one is much different to the last one of these I had. It was the last one left too!
 
 
Clarins Daily Energiser Wake-Up Booster £16.50:
 
The skincare item I bought was the Clarins Daily Energiser Wake-Up Booster which was £16.50. The bottle is fairly big at 125ml. This claims to be 'a deliciously refreshing "skin drink" lotion based on plant extracts specifically chosen to revive skin vitality'. You are meant to apply this with a cotton pad every morning to ensure 'a bright, healthy-looking complexion'. This sounded really interesting to me and I really like the idea of it.
 
 
This was the gift I received! So many products, I couldn't believe it.
-100ml Exfoliating Body Scrub For Smooth Skin
-100ml Tonic Bath & Shower Concentrate With essential oils
-30ml Advanced Extra-Firming Neck Cream
-2ml Santal Face Treatment Oil
-10ml Gentle Eye Make-Up Remover For sensitive eyes
-10ml Cleansing Milk With Alpine herbs
-5ml Rebalancing Fragrance sample
 
I am so excited to try all of these out and I think this is one of the best bargains I have got all year!
 
Makeup:
 
Bourjois:
 
 
So, there was an offer on with Bourjois that was 3 for 2 and a free pair of Bourjois sunglasses too. I was already going to get the nail polish remover so thought I would pick up two other things too.
 
 
Bourjois Magic Nail Polish Remover £4.99
 
I have seen great reviews about this product and thought it was definitely worth a try as I really hate when it takes ages to get your nail polish off!
 
 
 
Bourjois Intuitive Liner £6.99
 
This liquid eyeliner is actually a three ended felt-tip liner and it is for beginners to help with liquid eyeliner. I didn't buy it for that purpose, I got it to try and help me get my flicks even, I don't know if it will work for that purpose, but worth a go! :)
 
 
Bourjois Cream Blush in '03 Rose Tender' £7.99:
 
I bought this after hearing great reviews about these little pots of cream blush and I think this colour is gorgeous, so can't wait to try this out!
 
Natural Collection:
 
 
Natural Collection WaterGuard Mascara in Black £1.99:
 
I bought this because me and Luke have a 12ft paddling pool that we're going to get out this weekend and my cousin and her boyfriend are coming over to spend the day in the sun with us, so I needed a waterproof mascara to wear and this was the cheapest I could find, so as long as it does its job, I'll be happy!
 
Lancome:
 
 
Lancome Ombre Absolue Palette in 'F20 Chic' £33 reduced to £16.50:
 
£16.50 for this beauty? Straight into my basket! Lancome had a tiny reduced section with about four dark foundations, a clear lipgloss, a green single eyeshadow and this beautiful quad eyeshadow! I absolutely love it, Lancome are probably my favourite beauty/skincare brand, so I hope its as good as the other products of theirs that I have tried. The colours are so gorgeous, I was so lucky to find this!
 
Skincare:
 
Vaseline:
 
 
Vaseline Spray & Go Body Moisturiser £4.99:
 
I try to moisturise as much as possible because my skin is so dry all year round, but I am pretty lazy so probably only do it once or twice a week, so when I saw this, I thought it was a great idea. I did try it last night and its lovely, so light and smells gorgeous. It dries almost instantly and doesn't leave that sticky feeling, that most moisturises leave, which really isn't nice in this heat. I love this! They also had an Aloe Vera and a Cocoa version.
 
Nivea:
 
 
Nivea Moisturising Sun Spray SPF 50+ £12.59 reduced to £6.29:
 
This is to keep my super pale skin protected this weekend, so I don't crisp up and die basically, haha. It was half price so that's good, I couldn't stand spending over £12 on this!
 
Haircare:
 
 
I don't usually buy much haircare but there were so many amazing offers on and I really wanted to try out some different salt sprays, so I picked up quite a few bits.
 
Bumble & Bumble:
 
 
Bumble and Bumble 'The Surf Set' £18:
 
I've finally got my hands on some Bumble and Bumble! I have been wanting to try the salt spray for so long after all the rave reviews. This set contains a 50ml Surf Spray, 60ml Creme Rinse conditioner and 60ml Foam Wash shampoo, all from the 'Surf' range. This is a great way to try out the brand and I am very excited to try it out.
 
Umberto Giannini:
 
 
Umberto Giannini Backcomb In A Bottle £5.61 each or 2 for £8:
 
I have heard some good reviews of this and wanted to try it myself, I am desperate for volume in my hair and won't stop trying products till I find one that works! This bottle is 200ml quite good value considering it only worked out £4 per bottle.
 
Umberto Giannini Grunge Glamour Tousled Salt Spray £5.61 each or 2 for £8:
 
I am desperate to try a salt spray as my hair is poker straight, super shiny and really flat, so any product that claims to add volume and waves whilst mattifying your hair, I am very interested in! Having shiny hair is nice but you can't use hair clips or anything like that they just slip straight out and as for messy buns/hairstyles, forget it, your hair just naturally goes into the Croydon face lift style. So anything to change things up a bit, is good for me!
 
Mark Hill:
 
 
Mark Hill Beach Babe Sea Salt Wave Spray £5.99 but had £2 off, so £3.99:
 
Another salt spray to try, it had £2 off so I couldn't resist! I will do a comparison between all the salt sprays I have bought, before and after pictures and my opinions etc very soon :)
 
L'Oreal:
 
 
L'Oreal Studio Matte & Messy Shine-Free Salt Spray £3.69:
 
These were buy one get one free across the L'Oreal Studio range, so my fiancee Luke got a hair putty or something and I chose this. Yet another salt spray, I have high hopes for these, haha. I have heard good and bad reviews about this one, so hopefully it works for me!
 
So, that's everything I bought! There was only a couple of things that I paid full price for and Luke also bought an aftershave so in total I got £37.50 worth of points! I definitely think it was worth going to this Boots points event as I saved myself loads of money and got some lovely new products to try. Reviews of most of these items to come very soon!
 
I am definitely a bargain hunter, I don't pay full price for many things!
 
Thanks for reading!
 
What good bargains have you got lately?
 
Emily :) x
 
 
 
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. so many goodies! I really love bumble and bumble! Great post xx Rena
    Kiss and Make Up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did go a bit crazy, haha! I cannot wait to try out Bumble and Bumble ! :D xxx

      Delete
  2. just found your blog from a comment you left on hayleys sparkles and strechmarks blog. started gollowing you. i have never tried bumble and bumble but i want to

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've never tried them either, I've heard such great things about them though! :) xxx

      Delete
  3. that spray and go stuff is amazing!

    http://raybeautygeek.blogspot.co.uk/

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I absolutely love it :) xxx

      Delete