Wednesday, 12 June 2013

Seven Deadly Sins of Beauty Tag

Hi everyone,
 
I decided to do this post after being tagged by the lovely Aislinn B from A Beauty Moment and you can view her blog and her Seven Deadly Sins of Beauty post HERE :)
 I thought it was a great idea for a post and something different too.
 
 Rules of the tag:
1. Follow and link up the person who tagged you.
2. Answer the questions on Greed, Wrath, Gluttony, Sloth, Pride, Lust, and Envy.
3. Tag a many people as you wish, and be sure to let them know.
4. Let the person who tagged you know by linking up in the comments.
 
So, here goes!
 
Greed
'What item is your most expensive beauty item?'
 
I have quite a few products around the £30 mark, like foundations or the Benefit makeup kits for example. But I recently went out and bought the Dior Rosy Glow Blusher which cost £30.50 as I thought the concept was so clever and unique. It looks really bright when you see it in the compact but it adapts to each individuals skin to give a suble flush and the packaging and compact are so beautiful! I will be doing a review on this, this week at some point!
 
Wrath
'What item do you have a love/hate relationship with?'
 
 
It has got to be lipsticks for me. I love the pigmentation and how they look when you first apply, but I find them incredibly drying and they literally cling to everything so when my lips are chapped (pretty much all the time at the moment!) its not a good look! I just find tinted lipbalms are much easier and less topups needed.
 
Gluttony
'What brand makes up the most of your beauty collection?'
 
 
Benefit - I love the idea of their kits and find them a great way to try out their different products. I actually got most of what is in this picture at 30-50 percent off last year just before Christmas so that's another reason why I have so much Benefit makeup!
 
Sloth
'What product do you neglect most due to laziness?'
 
 
Its got to be eyeshadows. I love eyeshadow and as you can see I bought loads of them in my recent Fragrance Direct haul post but I'm just not great at applying them. I never use more than one shade as I'm no good at blending or creating smokey eyes, I'm not very creative! So when I'm getting ready I tend to just reach for my liquid eyeliner as I find that so easy to apply as I have been using that every day since I was about 14. I'd love to be able to create that smokey eye look, but I'm just no good at it :(
 
Pride
'What product gives you the most confidence?'
 
 
It has got to be foundation. If I had to chose just one makeup product to use, it would definitely be foundation. It covers most a lot of my imperfections and makes me feel so much better when I have it on.  I will definitely do a review of this particular foundation as when I bought this, I threw out every other foundation I own, it is such a lovely foundation.
 
Lust
'What item is top of your beauty wishlist?'
 
 
The Dior ADDICT Lip Glow Lip Balm, I have been lusting over since my trip to Debenhams last week and the more I think about it the more I want it! At £22.50 its very pricey for a lip balm but I am thinking I will just buy it with my Boots points :) The idea of this lipbalm is that at first it comes out sheer and then it changes colour to suit your individual skin tone and it will be a shade that best compliments you.
 
Envy
'Which makeup/product is great on others but not yourself?'
 
 
Highlighters
I love the idea of highlighters and I own the YSL Touch Eclat which is supposed to be one of the best highlighters, but I just can't get it to make any difference to my appearance. I have been practicing applying it every day but it still makes very little difference, if any. Some people use highlighters and have the most amazing results. When I ask my fiancee what side of my face do I have it on and he says the opposite side every time, so its definitely not working, haha!
 
I really enjoyed doing this post, hope you enjoyed reading it :)
 
Lovely bloggers I have tagged to do this post:
 
 
Thanks for reading!
 
Emily :) x
 
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tag! I'm working on this now :)

    bellasbeautyblogs.blogspot.co.uk

    Claire

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just seen it! Really good post, love it :) & no problem! :) xxx

      Delete
  2. Wasn't this a fun post? Loving that blush and foundation. I've never tried them, but they look so luxurious. Can't wait to see your reviews on them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so good, really enjoyed doing it :) I will definitely be doing reviews on both of them soon :) xxx

      Delete
  3. Hi Emily. Thanks for tagging me I will definitely do this! Love L. Xxx.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! hope you enjoy doing it :) xxx

      Delete