Monday, 24 June 2013

Pencil Eyeliners for Waterline - The Good, The Bad and The Bloody Hard to Remove!

Hey everyone,

This post idea came to me as I have lost my favourite pencil eyeliner, the Waterproof Eye Pencil by Yves Saint Laurent and as I haven't bought any pencil eyeliners in a while (I usually use liquid) I had to go rummaging through some older ones I have and thought I would try a few out.

I only use pencil eyeliners on my waterline and I also use it on my tight line/upper waterline. It's a quick and easy look that I use when I don't want heavy eye makeup.



So, I found six different pencil eyeliners and decided to test them all out to find one to try and replace my YSL one.

 
Barry M Bold Waterproof Eyeliner - £3.99
 
The good:
-Waterproof
-Very good colour pay off
-Long Lasting
-Cheap
 
The bad:
-Hard to remove
-Feels heavy and quite uncomfortable for a while after you first apply it
 
Would I repurchase? Yes, this is an excellent for when you need a waterproof and cheap too!
 
 
myface.cosmetics Eye Pencil £9.99
 
I really like this brand, and with 40% off your entire purchase using the code 'SUMMER40' online and free delivery on orders over £25, you should definitely check them out HERE .
 
The good:
-Smooth application
-Very good colour pay off
-Long lasting
-Great discounts online
 
The bad:
-Cannot pick up in store, would have to order online
 
Would I repurchase? Yes, definitely, this was my favourite eyeliner pencil that I tried today.
 
 
 
 
17 Eye Liner £2.89
 
The good:
-Price
 
The bad:
-Very little colour pay off
-Far too hard, definitely not soft enough for an eye pencil, feels more like an actual pencil on your eye!
 
Would I repurchase? Absolutely not!
 

 
Lancome Le Crayon Khol - £16
 
 
The good:
-The only good thing about this eyeliner is that with some high end brands, you can get refunds even if you have used the product.
 
The bad:
-Price
-Not smooth enough for a pencil eyeliner.
-Very little colour pay off
 
Would I repurchase? No way. I love Lancome products and hate to say I don't like something of theirs but this really doesn't work for me.
 

 
Avon SuperShock Gel Eyeliner - £6
 
The good:
Price (is sometimes half price as well!)
-Excellent colour pay off!
-Very soft
 
The bad:
-Very hard to remove!!
-If you get the gel on your eyelashes it sticks them together and you have to start all over again.
 
Would I repurchase? Yes, the most pigmented of all the eyeliners I tested today, just have to be really careful with application not to get it in your eyelashes!
 
 
Clinique Quickliner for Eyes Intense - £14
 
The good:
-Really easy, smooth application
-Very good colour pay off
-Requires no sharpening (twist up pencil)
-Really soft
 
The bad:
-Twist up pencil must break easily as I have never used this and it won't open any further than it does already, so I will probably get two uses out if it!
-It isn't the cheapest.
 
Would I repurchase? No, I really, really liked this one but the fact it was broken (before I even swatched it) has put me off repurchasing.
 
Some swatches of them all:
 
 
L-R: Barry M, myface.cosmetics, 17, Lancome, Avon & Clinique. Sorry about the Avon line being huge, it is in desperate need of sharpening, haha.
 
Thanks for reading!
 
What is your favourite pencil eyeliner?
 
Emily :) x
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


10 comments:

  1. I love Avon's Ultra Luxury liners. They're soft and smooth and last a decent amount of time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad I tried Avon recently, for the price the quality is amazing and they have so many good offers too! xxx

      Delete
  2. great post, I'v started using pencil now it is soo much quicker than gel liner, I like the avon one the more colour the better lol xx

    VisualCandyInc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah it is so quick and easy! The Avon ones are so pigmented aren't they?! They're great :) xxx

      Delete
  3. Great post! The Barry M one looks great, definitely have to give it a try!

    Bea xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Yeah, it is really good for the money! :) xxx

      Delete
  4. Great comparisons! I've never usually had a problem with twist up eye liners, shame yours came broken :( x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, its so disappointing, as it was really nice :/ I will definitely have to try a different twist up pencil and see how I get on with that, it might have just been my luck with that particular one! xxx

      Delete
  5. I see the Avon Supershock liners on Pixiwoo videos all the time and I've always wanted to try it!

    Typically I use MAC Smolder Eye Kohl on my waterlines.

    Sarah
    Eyeshadow Addicts Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're great, really pigmented and long lasting! :)
      I haven't tried that one, I just have to have something that is really pigmented, I hate buying a black eyeliner and then it comes out as a watery grey! xxx

      Delete