Tuesday, 4 June 2013

My Favourite Cleanser and Toner (Lancome)

Hey everyone,

Today I want to show you two of my favourite skincare items that I use every morning and night. One is a cleansing milk and the other is a toner, both by Lancome, which is definitely my favourite skincare brand.

My skin is pretty sensitive and one of two things usually happen when I try a new cleanser and toner - I either break out or the product works really well for about a week, then my skin becomes so dry it actually peels around my nose and on my cheeks. So this is one of the first products I have used twice a day for months without any problems!

 
Here are the two products, I have been using these for pretty much two months now, so you can see how much I have used in that time.
 
 
The cleanser is called 'Galateis Douceur' and is described as a gentle softening cleansing fluid for face and eyes. I prefer a cleansing milk that you just tissue off to a cleansing wash that you have to rinse away as it is so much easier. I usually use about two pumps of the fluid per use,then I just apply the product to my face using my fingers in circular motions then wipe away with a cotton pad - couldn't be easier. You can buy this cleanser HERE where it costs £22.50 for 200ml or £35 for 400ml.
 
 
The pump is a great feature as you can work out exactly how much you need and use the same amount every time and it is much less messy than the squeezy ones.
 
 
The consistency of this product is very thin, so nice and light on the skin. This cleanser is also suitable for all skin types. I prefer my products to be scented and this does have a fragrance, I would say it is more of a mature scent, but I find it quite a relaxing smell and it isn't overpowering at all.
 
 
The toner is called 'Tonique Douceur' and is described as being a 'softening, hydrating toner', it is also alcohol free. This product claims to complete makeup removal and bring moisture to the skin, which I would say is definitely true. I find both these products definitely soften my skin, but not just for an hour or so like some cleansers and toners I've tried in the past, my skin feels soft all day. A lot of toners (especially toners with alcohol in them) I have found completely strip my skin of its natural oils, making it incredibly dry, so this toner's claim of hydration is definitely spot on. Both these products keep my skin soft and hydrated all day and they also seem to help with blemishes, I'm definitely not getting as many spots and when I do get them they're only small and go within a few days.
 
 
Obviously, a pump couldn't be used with a toner as they are water, so instead they have a hole in the top which you cover with a cotton pad and tip up several times (I do it about three times) until you have enough product on the cotton pad to cover your whole face. You then sweep the cotton pad over the whole face and then you have lovely, clean skin in literally about one minute.
 
 
That's about the amount I use, and you can see it comes out slightly blue. This product is made with natural rose and elderberry extract and again this product is lightly scented, to me it smells a bit like Parma Violet sweets! Again this is suitable for all skin types and you can buy it HERE for £22 for 200ml or £35 for 400ml.
 
These products have worked so well for me and Lancome has definitely become my favourite skincare brand. Also, if you don't feel like splashing out on the pretty hefty price tag, they quite often feature 50ml samples of both of these in their 'gift with purchase' along with other lovely Lancome products. Usually you have to buy two things to get the 'free gift' but there are cheaper things you can buy (I think the cheapest is nail varnish which is about £12). They pretty much always have a gift with purchase promotion running somewhere (John Lewis, Debenhams, Boots) and I have got some amazing deals with these! My Lancome collection is pretty big (from all the gift with purchases I get roped into every time!), i'm actually embarassed to take a picture of them all, you may think I am crazy, haha.
 
Thanks for reading!
 
What Lancome products do you use?
and
What cleansers and toners work best for you?
 
Emily :) x
 


10 comments:

  1. The only Lancome product I use is an eyeshadow palette which is gorgeous! Expensive but lovely :) I'm a bit lazy with my cleanse/tone regime. I tend to just use Wilko's face wipes :P Great post x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the eyeshadows are lovely! :)
      I'm lazy too, so this is perfect for me!
      Thank you :) xxx

      Delete
  2. Love Lancome products. I have a sample of the Toner I'm going to give a whirl. I'm always lazy and use face wipes!

    Stevie | Stevie Hearts Makeup
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, definitely try it :)
      I used to do that for years too!

      Xxx

      Delete
  3. I haven't tried Lancome I must admit I have never really looked at anything other than their mascaras. I use the Simple range for mu cleanser and toner. I have eczema and sensitive skin so they don't irritate my skin and leave it feeling clean and refreshed!

    bellasbeautyblogs.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have sensitive skin too and this works for me, it's so annoying when everything irritates your skin so its great when you find a product that works for you :)

    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. It is a great toner :) its not at all harsh on the skin , like a lot of toners.

      xxx

      Delete
  6. I've been meaning to pick these up for a while now! They sound fab

    Ellen // A little bit Unique // Facebook // Bloglovin



    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, they're so good! You should definitely try them out :)


      xxx

      Delete