Wednesday, 19 June 2013

Lancome Long Lasting Softening Concealer ('Effacernes Longue Tenue') Review

Hey everyone,

I bought this concealer a few months ago and actually completely forgot about it until yesterday when I tried it out and was so impressed, it definitely isn't going to get forgotten about again. It is the Lancome Effacernes Longue Tenue or Long Lasting Softening Concealer and it has SPF 12, I've never heard of a concealer with SPF but its definitely a welcome addition.

 
So, it comes in the standard silver packaging with the embossed Lancome rose symbol, I really like the packaging and its surprising how much the packaging can alter your view on a product!
 
 
You get 15ml of product which is quite a lot for a concealer and it has amazing coverage so you only have to use literally a tiny speck and it spreads so far, I can see this lasting me years! It is described as exceptionally long lasting concealer of dark shadows, but as I have only used this to cover blemishes, I can't comment on its coverage of dark shadows but it is definitely long lasting.
 
 
I really like the idea of this type of tube as it enables you to get the exact amount of product you need, which is especially handy when you only need a little bit.
 
It claims to conceal dark circles, fine lines and shadows and is enriched with light defusing technology. The only downside to this concealer is there is only three shades available: 01 Beige Pastel, 02 Beige Sable and 04 Beige Rose, I can imagine this being a problem for a lot of people and was amazed to find a shade to suit my skin tone (I was 01 Beige Pastel).
 
I have a little birthmark on my finger so decided to use that to show you the coverage this concealer has, so here's the before picture:
 
 
Here's after applying the concealer:
 
 
You can see it does a pretty good job of covering something without clinging to the lines or looking 'cakey'. It doesn't feel heavy on the skin even thoughg it is quite a thick concealer.
 
I love this concealer and will definitely be using it daily and can't wait to try it around my eyes. It retails at £21 which is pretty expensive for a concealer but I must have spent that this year alone trying different cheaper brands and I'm sure it will last a very long time!
 
Thanks for reading!
 
What is your favourite high end concealer?
 
Emily :) x
 

12 comments:

  1. I wish I could try this concealer. I'm pretty dark and I don't think any of the three shades available would suit me. It's disappointing that a lot of high end brands still don't cater to all skin tones, they would make so much more money and have so many more happy customers. :/ Great review, though!

    www.beautymadesimple.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree! I find it so hard to find concealers/foundations that suit my skin tone :( thank you! Xxx

      Delete
  2. I don't really have a high end favourite - mine is the collection concealer

    bellasbeautyblogs.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is such a good concealer and better than most high end ones to be honest! Xxx

      Delete
  3. I've been looking for a good concealer for the longest time, and this looks like it works well from the pictures. I have such fair skin and have a hard time finding concealer that doesn't show up too dark on my skin. This looks like it might be a pretty good color, I might just give it a try if it's available in the US.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It works really well and I know what you mean about having trouble finding concealers, most are too dark for me too! It should be available in the US, I would have thought so anyway :) xxx

      Delete
  4. Hi! I tagged you to do the "If I had £50" TAG! I thought you might like to do it :)
    Amy | http://amysbeautyjournal.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for tagging me, I will definitely do this :) xxx

      Delete
  5. I'm always looking for a new concealer to try so I can find the best one to cover up my hyper pigmentation and this one looks really good! At the moment I'm using the Mac studio finish concealer but I might have to go and see if I can get this in my colour. Thanks for the review! xx Meagan
    withasideofbeauty.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does have really good coverage, I've never tried the MAC one before! If you have a lancome counter near you, definitely go and have a look at this concealer and see what you think :) xxx

      Delete
  6. Ive often looked at this and wondered if it would suit my pale skin tone. Your hands look almost as pale as mine, so I might have to try this! I love Lancome products xx
    Gemma ♥ | Ɱiss Ɱakeup Ɱagpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Lancôme products too :) I didn't think it would suit me either but I was pleasantly surprised! Xxx

      Delete