Tuesday, 25 June 2013

Illamasqua Powder Eyeshadow in 'Justify' Review

Illamasqua were new to me a few months ago and I hadn't heard much about them, if it wasn't for the fact their brand name reminded me of llamas, I probably wouldn't have taken the plunge. Everyone loves llamas, right?!  I promise I'm not crazy. Anyway, I am so glad I did try some of their products out and one eyeshadow in particular really stood out for me.

 
This is the Illamasqua Powder Eyeshadow in 'Justify'.
 
First of all, I love their packaging, its so simple but really classy at the same time. It's a really sturdy little compact and comes with just the eyeshadow, no applicator or anything and I, like most people, use brushes anyway so thats not a problem for me.
 
 
This is my number one go-to shade for a simple daytime look, it is the perfect ,classic neutral shade and I am completely smitten with it. The colour is sort of a light ash brown, Illamasqua describe it as a 'cool, sandy brown'. It applies like a dream and has the most velvety, smooth texture I have ever experienced with an eyeshadow and has absolutely no fall out.
 
As with many of Illamsqua's products, you can use this for more than one thing. So this is not only a perfect eyeshadow, this doubles up to be a contouring powder.
It is definitely buildable but at the same time incredibly pigmented. I just wear this on its own and it doesn't crease and lasts all day!
 
 
Here's a swatch and you can faintly see where I still can't get them eyeliner swatches off from yesterday's post, haha!
 
Illamasqua are a fantastic brand and have some really interesting and unique products. This eyeshadow is seriously like nothing I have ever owned in texture, it just blends so easily and I just am completely in love with it!
 
This retails at £15.50 but it is worth every penny and more!
 
Thanks for reading!
 
What are your favourite neutral eyeshadows?
 
Emily :) x
 
 
 
 
 

10 comments:

  1. I love neutral tones for eyeshadows. My favourite was one I was given a few years ago by Estee Lauder called 'Metallic' but I cannot find the shade anywhere anymore. I may need to look at these see if they have a dupe :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, neutral shades are pretty much all I own! Oh, its horrible when you find a great product, then it gets discontinued :/ hope you can find a dupe at Illamasqua, they are such lovely eyeshadows :) xxx

      Delete
  2. The colour looks great! :)
    http://makeupbyjoanna909.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a gorgeous shade! :) xxx

      Delete
  3. This is such a beautiful neutral color! I'm glad you think it's worth the price!

    xx,
    mashasmumbles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is stunning! I would have been gutted if I spent that much on an eyeshadow and didn't like it, but I am really happy with it :)! xxx

      Delete
  4. When you said it doubles as a contour powder I was sold! It reminds me a lot of MAC Omega!

    Sarah
    Eyeshadow Addicts Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen that, I'll have to keep my eye out for it! :)
      I was sold as soon as I saw it! Illamasqua are great for multi-use products :) xxx

      Delete
  5. Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I really like yours too! Really cute. I'm following you now.

    x, Linda
    http://lindaflorentine.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! Thank you so much :) xxx

      Delete