Monday, 17 June 2013

Hydration Masks - Lancome and No7

Hey everyone,
 
I don't know if many of you use hydration/moisture masks but for me they are a God send! My skin gets pretty dry on my nose and cheeks so I have to moisturise at least twice a day and these masks give it a much needed boost when moisturiser on its own isn't enough.
 
 
I have two moisture masks to show you and they are both really good and definitely worth having if you suffer from dry skin at all. 
 
 
The first one I have to show you is by No7 and this bottle I have is actually old packaging, I got it around a year ago, so the new bottle looks like this:
 
It is basically the same, but just so you know what to look for if you decide to buy it instore. The name is different to the one I purchased so it is now called 'No7 Beautiful Skin Hydration Mask'. This was the first hydration mask I'd ever tried and I was sucked in by the design, it looks almost like whipped cream! I had never tried anything whipped, I know they do whipped BB creams and and foundations though, definitely want to give those a try!
 
So, after cleansing and toning you just use one pump and massage all over your face and wait for three minutes (10 minutes if you need a more intensive treatment or you can even apply a thin layer before bed, no need to remove) then you just tissue off and rinse away the excess. When you rinse it off you cannot believe how soft your face feels and it looks like your face is literally glowing.
 
This mask is enriched with vitamin C and E and also apple extract, it claims to soften, soothe, lift and brighten. It definitely does three of these things, I'm not sure about the lifting though as I don't have anything that needs lifting, yet!
 
 
It is a beige/peachy sort of colour and a soft gel-cream sort of texture. The scent is gentle, probably a more mature scent but its not unpleasant, its actually quite nice as it is only subtle. It is also hypo-allergenic, something that probably appeals to a lot of people with sensive skin. This mask retails at £12.50 for 100ml but as you only use one pump and you don't have to use it all the time, its a really good price, plus No7 have offers and vouchers most of the time, so you could probably get it cheaper :)
 
 
The second one I wanted to show you and also my favourite of the two, is the Lancome Hydra Intense Hydrating Gel Mask. I got this as part of a gift with purchase from Boots or John Lewis, a few months back and was so excited to try it out. It is one of the most luxurious, relaxing skincare products I own, (and I have owned a lot of skin care products), but this one is just so lovely, I can't get enough of it.
 
To use this product, you apply a thick layer to dry skin, leave for 5 minutes then tissue off without rinsing and your skin feels the smoothest it will ever feel. The mask has a cooling effect I've noticed, which is so relaxing and definitely one of my favourite things about this product. It does have quite a strong scent, not the traditional Lancome rosey scent though, I cannot describe scents to save my life so I hope saying 'it smells really really nice' is good enough? Haha.
 
 
It is a very pale blue colour and a gel texture. You can buy it from most Lancome stockists and it costs £32 for 100ml which is obviously pretty expensive but it is definitely something I will be repurchasing, as it is such an amazing product. It leaves your skin feeling so supple and smooth and really helps for a quick fix for even the most dehydated skin.
 
They both work really well on dry skin and are really relaxing. They are also extemely softening and brightening on the skin, it just depends on your budget really! No7 always have offers on and Lancome usually have gift with purchase deals, so you get good value either way :)
 
Thanks for reading!
 
Do you use hydration masks?
 
Emily :) x
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. The No7 one looks good, I've never used a hydration mask before!

    sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're both really good and make your skin so soft :) I definitely recommend trying one out! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a No7 voucher so I'm by onna get one tomorrow i think.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are worth getting, hope you like it! :) xxx

      Delete
  4. aha this is really cool I like your blog. I think i'll go and try this product

    you can check mine out at freddiebob.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) they're both great products, hope you like them! :) xxx

      Delete