Sunday, 16 June 2013

Favourites - Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24H Foundation Review

Hey everyone,
 
I've got to show you my favourite foundation, the Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24 Hour Foundation. I'm very picky with foundation, it has to be an exact colour match, and it has to have medium or full coverage, i'm definitely not a light/natural sort of girl! Most brands don't stock anything that is anywhere near are pale as my skin and usually, if they do stock a pale colour it is a light coverage foundation, which is a no go for me.
 
My skin is also very pink toned, yellow toned foundations make me orange, so my foundation has to be pink toned. Which luckily this foundation is and I was shocked to find I wasn't actually the palest colour because that was a yellow toned colour, my shade is 007 (haha) and it is a perfect match!
 
 
I just bought this one yesterday as I had ran out of the first bottle I bought earlier in the year. It comes in the traditional Lancome silver box with the embossed signature Lancome rose, i'm a sucker for nice packaging.
 
 
Here is the bottle, its 30ml and just has the standard pump top. I usually use about two pumps for my face but I do go over some areas twice if I feel I need more coverage there, this foundation is definitely buildable. This is described as a 24 hour foundation, and I can't say whether it lasts that long but it certainly is long lasting, I don't need to top up ever.
 
This is definitely a matte finish foundation, but not powdery and I prefer a matte finish as I have such a shiny face. I don't think the matte effect is as long lasting as the coverage side of things, and I do have to top up with powder every couple of hours otherwise my shiny cheeks start to show!
 
I would say this is medium coverage, but it is definitely buildable to a full coverage. I apply this foundation with the Lancome foundation brush and it works very well and is really easy to apply.
 
 
I tried to get a picture to show the pinky tones, I'm not sure this has captured it though. It is available in 18 shades, and I would definitely recommend getting a sample from your local counter, especially if you are pale and find suitable foundations hard to come by. It retails at £27.50 and you can read more about it and buy it HERE .
 
I love this foundation, I get so many compliments when I wear it on how nice my skin looks. Just today I was in John Lewis at the Chanel counter and the lady asked what I was wearing as the colour match was so good. I definitely suggest applying it with a brush though, the result is so much nicer than when you use your fingers.
 
Thanks for reading!
 
I love this foundation so much, but if anyone can recommend any other foundations that have good coverage and are suitable for really pale skin, please suggest!
 
Emily :) x
 

6 comments:

  1. Ooh it looks nice. Does it have the kinda sickly rosey smell like a lot of other Lancome products do though? That always turns me off from Lancome. : (

    http://fairycircles.net/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a lovely foundation :)
      It does have a scent but I don't think it is that Lancome rose scent, I know the one you mean. My cleanser smells like that and I didn't like it at first but I've grown to like it now! xxx

      Delete
  2. I tried it but even the palest was too dark for me! Lucky that you found your exact shade. :-) I hate it when no shade suits me. Take a look at Illamasqua Rich Liquid Foundation, I got the two palest shades and I am absolutely in love with them, I use them together and get my exact shade. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the recommendation, I will definitely check it out! :) Sorry the Lancome foundation didn't work out for you, its so hard to find the right shade of foundation when you are pale isn't it?! xxx

      Delete
  3. Oooh! This sounds like a really good foundation. I have so much trouble finding a foundation that stays on my oily skin and matches me perfectly. Might give this a try, thanks for the review! xx
    withasideofbeauty.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely get a sample, I think they give you enough for 7 days so perfect to see if you like it and how it wears etc :) It is such a nice foundation!
      xxx

      Delete