Thursday, 6 June 2013

Clarins Limited Edition Crystal Balm in Gold Plum Review

Hi,

Today I've got something to review which I am in two minds about. I bought it about a month ago and still don't know what to make of it.

It is the Clarins Limited Edition Crystal Balm and I got it in the shade 'Gold Plum'. I bought this because I had never seen anything like it before and wanted to try it.


It comes in a lovely golden tube and you'd think it was just a standard lipstick until you open it and it looks like this:

 
As you can see it is actually green and then the golden red colour on the inside which is more of less the colour it comes out as. I thought they were so unique, so I knew I had to have one. They come in four colours, the other colours being: crystal rose (pink outer), crystal mandarin (orange outer) and lastly crystal berry (blue outer).
 
 
 
As I suffer from chapped lips all the time, when I saw this was described as being made with gelified oils to help prevent dry lips, I thought it would be the perfect product for me. They do glide on so easily and aren't sticky at all, which is great.
 
When I put this on, I really loved the colour, even though it wasn't exactly a summery shade, but I don't really follow things by seasonal trends, if I like it I wear it whenever! :) Here's what it looks like on:
 
 
and here's a swatch of it:
 
 
It is actually meant to be a plum colour, which it does look like in the swatch but on your lips its a golden red as I said earlier. I really liked this product, until I looked closely in the mirror and this is what it looked like:
 
 
This was literally five minutes after putting it on and it was wearing off in places and clinging to all the creases! I'm not sure if everyone has this problem or it was just me, but I really didn't like it. It's a shame because I loved the colour and it was definitely hydrating on my lips and I really loved the concept but it just wasn't for me.
 
You can buy this online and read more about it HERE , they're pretty expensive at £18!
 
Thanks for reading!
 
Have you tried the Clarins Limited Edition Crystal Balm?
 
Emily :) x
 
 
 

12 comments:

  1. That's a shame it didn't work out for you as it is such a lovely colour!

    Georgina
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's such a shame :( I really love the colour of it! Xxx

      Delete
  2. I really like this shade :) new follower xx
    www.allthingsbeautiful-x.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've followed you back :) xxx

      Delete
  3. The shade looks gorgeous, shame it isn't a great product x

    www.ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know its such a shame :( such a lovely colour!
      Xxx

      Delete
  4. That looks so crazy in the tube! The colour really suits you so shame about the consistency, I'm usually a massive fan of Clarins products xxx

    100 Follower Giveaway: Essie, Urban Decay, Soap & Glory, Lush!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! That's why I had to pick it up because it looked so different! Thank you! I know, it's a massive shame. I have one of their 'instant light natural lip perfectors' and that's really nice! xxx

      Delete
  5. Wow, that is so unusual. It looks a bit craze haha. It's a good job it looks great on :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it's definitely unusual, that's why I knew I had to try it!
      It looked fine from a distance just up close it had a really funny consistency :(
      Xxx

      Delete