Wednesday, 5 June 2013

Boots Haul - Hair and Nails

Hey :)

I went into Boots yesterday to pick up a prescription and ended up coming out with a sack full of goodies! They had a sale section, so obviously the drew me in and I got some really good bargains. I have really long hair and to be honest I don't really look after it very well, I only had my first hair cut in three years over a year ago and pretty much just wash it with whatever is in the bathroom cabinet. So, I decided recently I would try some better hair care products to see if they make any difference and luckily there was plenty waiting for me in the sale section!

 
Here's all the haircare stuff I got, as well as some veet things too.
 
 
I picked up a reduced John Frieda Full Repair conditioner and decided to buy the matching shampoo full price, I have to have things matching! The conditioner was reduced to £3 from £5.89, I have never tried John Frieda before but after using these two earlier, I can now say i'm really happy I bought these. They smell gorgeous and although my hair is naturally quite soft and shiny, this seemed to make it even more noticeably smooth and with extra shine. I also found my hair was much less tangley, so I'm really happy with this purchase. They're both 250ml so they should last me quite a while! You can buy the conditioner HERE and the shampoo HERE at £5.89 each or 3 for £12 on John Frieda :)
 
 
As I just said, John Frieda is 3 for £12 at the moment and as I was already getting the 'Full Repair' shampoo, I decided to pick up these too. They're from the 'Luxurious Volume' range and as my hair is pretty thin, dead straight and doesn't have any volume I thought i'd give these a go. I don't know what they're like yet but hopefully they help give me some volume! They are 250ml and cost £5.89 each.
 
 
The next thing I spotted in the sale section are these Veet Hair Minimising Body Moisturisers. I had seen a few blog reviews on these recently so decided to pick them up while they were reduced. I actually have a Philips Lumea IPL laser hair removal kit that works great for me (I will do a post about this very soon!) but as the Philips Lumea only claims to minimise hair, I still have some on my legs I want to get rid of so thought this might help with that! They were reduced to £1.31 (from about £5.65 I think) for the one with vitamin E for sensitive skin and £2.62 for the one with aloe vera for normal to dry skin. So even if they don't work well, they didn't break the bank!
 
 
Then I spotted this Lee Stafford dry shampoo, I paid £2.75 for 150ml and its usually £5.49 and you can get it HERE . I love dry shampoos, I think they're so handy. I usually just get the Batiste ones, so looking forward to giving this a go.
 
 
I then picked up these Umberto Giannini products in the sale section too. I got the Rock 'N' Roll Extreme Hairspray for £1, its only 30ml but perfect for sampling! You can get this hairspray full size and find out more about it HERE and for 200ml it costs £5.61. Then I got the Spa Ritual Rebalancing Conditoner, I couldn't find a matching shampoo, so any suggestions as to what Umberto Giannini shampoos would go well with this are very welcome! It only cost me £1.40 for 250ml and usually costs £5.61 and you can find it HERE . Finally, I got the 'Sex Bomb Massive Mousse' for £1.88 reduced from £5.61 (you can find out more about it and buy it HERE .
 
 
Finally, I got these Gelly Hi Shine nail varnishs from Barry M. I have been wanting these for ages, and couldn't choose on a colour so had to buy four! I've heard so many great things about them and can't wait to see what they're like. They weren't reduced, but at £3.99 a polish, they're not too expensive. You can buy these shades and others HERE .
 
 
Here are the shades I got, I can't decide on my favourite yet, I love them all so much!
 
So, I think I got some really good bargains and I also picked up plenty of Boots points thanks for a '150 points per £5 you spend on haircare' voucher I got with my receipt a few weeks ago.
 
I was in my garden earlier taking these photos and I had plenty of interruptions from my two dogs, so thought I'd share the pictures with you :)
 
 
This is Chloe, my little Chihuahua :)
 
 
Here's my other dog Bella, she's a Staffordshire Bull Terrier crossed with a German Shepherd and although that sounds scary, she's the most beautiful, friendly dog in the world.
 
 
I think she's actually licking them, I'm not sure though! Crazy dog.
 
 
I thought I'd try and take some on the grass, no chance, haha. She's such a poser. If there's anything I love more than cosmetics, its definitely animals and my dogs in particular :)
 
Thanks for reading :)
 
Have you tried any of these products?
 
Emily :) x
 

10 comments:

  1. You got a great deal on those veet hair minimizing lotions! Those nail polishes are really pretty too! I like the greenberry shade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they were so cheap! :) thank you, I love that one too :) xxx

      Delete
  2. I've never seen a sale section of boots! How?!
    Will be hunting this down next time haha. x

    Rachael | beautypea.com
    Essie & Calvin Klein Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's literally tiny on the end of an aisle usually, I nearly missed it cos it was actually in the baby section, haha but that's where the advantage card machine was!
      Definitely look out for it :) xxx

      Delete
  3. HI Emily I love Lee Stafford dry shampoo its one of the best on the market i think. Also a fan of john frieda but not tried this particular shampoo - will have to keep my eyes peeled for it. Love Laura xxx Scottish Lass ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Laura, I've just starting following you, love the look of your blog and can't wait to read more of your posts!
      Oh that's good news! Glad I got some good products then :)

      Xxx

      Delete
  4. I didn't even know there was a sale section in boots - why am I only finding out about this now! I have to investigate :) x

    www.ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you'll have to find it! It's usually only tiny and full of pointless stuff but yesterday I was pleasantly surprised! :)

      Xxx

      Delete
  5. Oh wow what an amazing haul! I am sooooo jealous of that gorgeous Umberto Gianni haul within your sale buys. They're my favourite hair brand xx

    Gemma ♥ | MissMakeupMagpie.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely was a good haul for bargains :) I've never tried umberto giannini so I'm glad you've said they're good products! :D xxx

      Delete