Friday, 21 June 2013

Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie Lip Gloss & Ultrasun Ultralip Review

Hey everyone,

I won some more competitions this week :) I don't even remember entering them, then they just turn up in the post so its a lovely surprise!

So, I won these two lip products this week from prize draws from magazines I think.

 
On the left is the Ultrasun Ultralip lip balm which retails at £6 and on the right is the Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie lip gloss in 'Oh So Cosmo' created specifically for Cosmopolitan magazine and these lip glosses retail at £16.
 
 
So this lip balm has an SPF of 15 and is described as a 'rich, nourishing lip balm that protects from both hot and cold temperatures'. It is also said that it reduces inflammation and chapping. My lips are chapped pretty much all the time so I have lipbalms dotted about everywhere so I can reapply during the day.
 
I have just tried this one out and it has a really nice texture, some lipbalms are a bit waxy and leave a shiny finish, this isn't like that at all and has a really natural finish. I find this very hydrating and I will definitely repurchase this, so I'm really happy I won this little treat :)
It is also suitable for vegans and vegetarians and it smells like sweets!
 
 
The other product I won was this lip gloss by Bare Minerals. I don't think I've worn a lip gloss for a few years so was excited when this turned up as I hadn't tried one in such a long time.
 
 
In the tube the colour is bright pink and a colour I wouldn't usually wear I suppose, but it is sheer-medium coverage so it isn't very pigmented and just gives a subtle pale pink colour to the lips which I actually really liked.
 
 
Here you can see just how subtle it is and I would have never picked a colour like that when I saw the tube, but I found that once applied to the lips it was such a nice shade.
 
 
The applicator is angled and makes application incredibly easy. These lip glosses really make your lips look fuller and they are really hydrating too.
 
 
Here's one more swatch for you just so you can see, it is quite pigmented but not too bright once on the lips.
 
Like I said above, this was a shade created specifically for Cosmopolitan magazine but they do have a lot of other shades to choose from and I've seen a few that are quite similar to this shade :)
 
Everyone needs to enter competitions! I only started doing it about two months ago and I've already won an Osprey London handbag, two bourjois nail polishes, three lipstick queen lipsticks and the above two products!
 
Thanks for reading!
 
Emily :) x

4 comments:

  1. The Bare Minerals lipgloss looks amazing! Such a lovely color
    xx Rena

    Kiss and Make Up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love the shade too! I've never tried Bare Minerals before, but i definitely want to try some more lip products especially :) xxx

      Delete
  2. I tried the lipgloss the other month, its fab isn’t it! Glad someone else agrees. Love the blog, such a fan now xx
    http://heroineinheels.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! I love it! :) Thanks so much :) xxx

      Delete