Wednesday, 29 May 2013

The first post!

Hello, my name is Emily. I am 20 years old from Hertfordshire, England and I am a self confessed beauty junkie.


This is a very bad quality photo of me, but it is one of the most recent ones I have :)


I have created this blog to ramble to anyone willing to listen about all things beauty and possibly some other things along the way too. I am a bit obsessed with getting good deals and offers in the world of beauty, so I will definitely post all my bargain finds for everyone to take advantage of!
 
I named this blog ‘Freckles and Flaws’ as I am one of many women that has those so called ‘kisses from the sun’ that inhabit my face, also known as freckles! Now, I have no problem with my freckles but the reason I have mentioned them is because, after stalking beauty blogs for the past year, I’ve come to find that most of the women posting have beautiful, flawless skin (even with close up pictures from these amazing high tech cameras)! If I took a close up photo, even on my iPhone, you would be greeted with freckled, blemished and extremely pale (verging on translucent) skin! This blog is hopefully going to help women of all skin types and colours but if you are like me and have the palest skin going, you’ll know how hard it is to find suitable makeup, so this will be of particular help to all the pale girls reading this!
 
Makeup is something I am completely mad about, my family and fiancĂ©e think its an unhealthy obsession, haha. Skincare is also really important to me and I will definitely be reviewing and discussing plenty of skincare products. I have a bit of a ‘thing’ for samples, so I currently have a huge box of sample size skin care products that I need to work my way through! Another addiction of mine is nail polishes and nail care, so expect to see a lot of posts and reviews on nail products!

Anyway, this is just a little insight into me and what this blog is going to contain. :)
 
Thanks to anyone that reads this and the next post will most likely be a review on a product to get things started!
 
Emily :) x

2 comments:

  1. can't wait to see see some of the skincare products you review :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely do a skincare post very soon :) xxx

      Delete